The Regulatory Reporting team is building a state of the art cloud-native platform that aims to streamline global regulatory reporting requirements and handle massive data volumes for the firm. As an Senior Java Developer, you play a key role in designing and building Banking Regulatory Platform. You will get the opportunity to work in a global cross-functional team consisting of developers, operations, site reliability engineering, delivery managers and data analysts.
Our key technology stack consists of Java/J2EE , Cloud , & Oracle.
- Individual development contribution across some or all of the various components of the system, including back-end services and DB
- This is an individual contributor but this role is required to manage developers functionally.
- Partner with and manage business and technology stakeholders across the organization, including product owners, other technology teams and technology/business management.
- Follow and promote Agile practices like Scrum and TDD/BDD
- Ensure consistency with and synergy across the global platform by collaborating regularly with peers across the global team.
- Own end to end delivery of the product and work with management to manage/mitigate any risk
- BS/BA degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum 10 years of software development experience using Java tech stack, including but not limited to: Core Java, Spring or Spring Boot, Junit
- Experience in delivering applications from inception, design to production
- Experience in application architecture and design
- Experience with one or more database technologies, e.g. Oracle
- Experience in building REST APIs and Microservices
- Knowledge of test-driven development and testing frameworks
- Knowledge of one or more cloud technologies like Cloud foundry, AWS
- Knowledge of one or more messaging technologies, e.g. Kafka, IBM MQ
- Knowledge of data formats like JSON, XML
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Strong leadership skills
- Proactive self-starter who able to take initiative and roll up sleeves to get things done. Can lead cross functional teams to achieve complex deliveries.
- Ability to innovate, High level of motivation to get things delivered
- Strong interpersonal skills and team building attitude
- Experience in version control tools like SVN, GIT
Good to have
- Previous experience working in the financial sector with understanding of risk management and financial data along with a regulatory risk environment
- Experience in Payments or Regulatory Reporting Domain
- Experience in one or more areas - ETL/BI tools or Big data
- Knowledge on container technologies like Kubernetes, Docker
- Knowledge on monitoring tools like Splunk
- Knowledge on scheduling tools like Autosys, Control-M
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.