As an experienced Infrastructure Engineering professional, you'll be making decisions of a global and strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you will affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. Your team will be responsible for driving results, and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they'll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you'll also gain access the best minds in the business-both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
Duties Of This Role Include The Following
- Serving as a senior member of the team supporting the firms global Linux configuration management environment based on Puppet. Incident resolution, root-cause analysis, capacity planning, monitoring, telemetry, and reporting.
- Work with internal customers to design and build new automation and configuration enforcement via Puppet and other toolsets.
- Key member in selection of new products for configuration management. Be part of complete lifecycle of the product (Architect, Build, and Support).
Skills Required To Be Considered For This Role
- Minimum of 7 years experience with Linux Platforms
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience developing in Ruby for Puppet
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Puppet or equivalent Linux Configuration management tools
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (program management, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices and JPMC policies
- Proficient in multiple infrastructure technologies
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget
- Ability to articulate to more experienced management a technical strategy in clear, concise, understandable terms
- Proficient in one of programming languages (Java, PERL, Python)
- Knowledge of Postgres and/or MySQL
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB)
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world
Working as a Technologist in JPMorgan Chase & Co.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteransJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans