As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
The MACS-SRE team is part of the collateral management technical team, serving the needs of both our external clients and numerous internal lines of business. Collateral Management products provide value added services to financial market clients by creating liquidity, reducing counterparty risk, and improving processing efficiencies. In this team, you'll be involved in relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. You will troubleshoot incidents, participate in blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents.
- BS/BA degree in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Two or more years of experience in building applications using Java and/or Python
- Practical experience in building applications using Spring, Spring boot, Hibernate frameworks
- Experience troubleshooting incidents
- Experience developing, testing and delivering the software to automate and ensure application performance and resiliency
- Experience with tools such as Maven, Git, Shell Scripts
- Proficiency in SQL and one of the following databases such as Oracle, Apache Cassandra
Additional Preferred Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge in elementary statistics would be added advantage
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and tools such as AWS, Cloud-Foundry, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.