As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You’ll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you’ll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you’ll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
J.P. Morgan Merchant Services has embarked on a multi-year effort to build a new, state-of-the-art merchant acquiring platform (“Helix”) that enables commerce around the globe. Delivering on this sizable and complex undertaking requires tight integration and collaboration across technology, product management, business and client readiness. Become a key contributor to the new Helix Payments Platform that is delivering transaction processing for merchants wherever they want it around the globe via any method of payment. We are leveraging tools from around the firm to accelerate delivering to the market with the stability and security of J.P. Morgan.
- Develop, test and debug automated tasks including apps, systems and infrastructure
- Automate manual operational work by improving products or software
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems
- Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
- Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
- Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands
- Split time between operational work and engineering work
- Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
- The role requires weekend support as part of a rotating shift based coverage
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
- At least 5 years of experience or similar experience
- Proficient in Java, Spring Framework with respect to designing, coding, testing and software delivery. Python will be a plus.
- Proficient in the development of automated tools, systems and services in multiple technology domains
- Proficient knowledge of one or more infrastructure components such as networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute and storage systems (AWS, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Proficient in service-level changes to a system and troubleshooting components
- Hands-on experience with cloud deployment, monitoring, and ops analysis tools such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, Splunk, DynaTrace, Blazemeter etc.