As an Application Support Analyst working within a Production Management team you will be responsible for technical support of production applications and infrastructure. You will handle support requests, incidents, issues, tickets and business continuity activities, to ensure flawless and quality delivery of services to end users. This is also opportunity for a DevOps engineers to join our Post Trade Technology Regulatory Reporting Team within the Corporate Investment bank. The role involves teamwork with Middle Office and Settlement Operations and Application Development communities at all levels within the organization. The team owns the holistic support of the back office technology platform globally including tactical enhancements, application upgrades, new application rollouts, maintenance, performance tuning and provide a depth of both business and technology service to the whole organization.
Excellent communication skills are a must for this position. The individual should have a passion for the system development and support of the proprietary systems, have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, and be able to work successfully in a cross-functional environment among the other application development and support teams. The successful candidate must have a proven ability to fully use and apply standard technical troubleshooting principles while following standardized Problem and Change Management policies and procedures. This person must have the ability to work on projects and other assignments with minimal direct supervision.
Working as a Production Management SRE/DevOps engineer, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Supporting Incident Management in the swift recovery of incidents affecting the applications
- Investigation and resolution of application processing queries raised by Business Operations
- Proactively seeking to improve process by automating and removing repeated effort.
- Experience working with the change management process ensuring policies are enforced and adhered to and application integrity is maintained on production and DR environments.
- Troubleshooting business issues, identifying root cause, solving problems to provide solutions to diverse tech and Ops teams.
- Ownership and participation in the Incident and problem management processes, being accountable for resolution, root cause analysis and technology and business reporting and communication.
- Supporting project implementations into the production environment
- Collaborates with technology and business partners to continuously identify proactive monitoring and health check opportunities
- Covering hours outside of APAC core hours through rota'd support for on call, occasional bank holidays and adhoc requests for project implementations
- Support and initiate internal team projects to improve the quality and efficiency of the service provided
- Must have a bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or information systems
- Minimum 8 years working in application development and/or production support in finance domain.
- Knowledge of Post Trade Technology Regulatory Reporting with specialization in Middle or Back office trade workflows
- Technically hands-on working with Linux, scripting (Shell, Python and/or Perl) and database systems (Oracle SQL/PLSQL). Few years of programming experience in any modern language would be a great plus.
- Technical working experience in APM tools such as Geneos, Splunk, AppDynamics and Dynatrace would be plus
- Quick thinker, problem solver (even under pressure) and a fast learner under constantly changing environment
- Very good communication skills, be able to communicate effectively to both traders and technology partners
- Ability to automate and build tools for improved productivity, or eagerness to learn it
- Ability to understand incredibly demanding nature of the trade floor, or eagerness to experience it
- Experience with disaster recovery planning, testing, auditing, risk analysis, business resumption planning and contingency planning.
- Experience working with cloud base technologies and knowledge of open source technologies and tools is a big plus.
- Awareness / experience working as part of or setting up a DevOps model and a modern SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle).
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.