As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to design, develop and deliver software components within the Athena eco system. You will work with a team innovators and technologists driven towards creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of designAs an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to design, develop and deliver software components within the Athena eco system. You will work with a team innovators and technologists driven towards creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will be tested in problem-solving in both a business and technical context. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
Athena is a cross-asset platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of firm's business, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open source technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives a potential candidate ability to contribute to wide range of exciting projects.
We are looking for hands-on developers, who enjoy solving challenging technical problems. Ideal candidates should have strong computer science foundations and be able to work across different platforms and languages. Candidates should be inspired by working in a collaborative, fast-changing environment with a high degree of code sharing and reuse. Focus on innovation and quality of solutions should be demonstrated by their contributions in previous professional roles or projects (either academic or personal).
You will be working in the Athena Trade & Risk Services (ATRS) team in Singapore. This is a global team that develops and maintains the systems responsible in Athena for trading, price calculation, risk management, reference data, Profit & Loss reporting and trade booking covering all line of business (Equities, Fixed Income, FX) and all products.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture, continuous learning in technical aptitude, business understanding and personal effectiveness
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Python/C++
- Good understanding of RDBMS and columnar databases (Oracle/Vertica or Postgres)
- Experience in Data Science, Machine Learning and AWS is a plus.
- Experience is UI/Web development is a plus but not mandatory.
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate with and influence other technology teams to deliver end to end solutions to the business in a constantly changing environment
- Eager to take ownership of work, have real business impact, overcome obstacles and take it through to completion, working as part of this team and collaborating with a much bigger community of developers sharing the technology and code base
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies, responsible for elucidating and agreeing requirements, building relationships with business users, and taking ownership of deliverables all the way to the production environment would be a plus
- Understanding of trading and modelling of financial securities. Concepts around pricing, risk management and trade model would be a plus
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.