As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Interest Rates division is a cornerstone of J.P. Morgan's industry leading Fixed Income Markets business, which generated over $20 billion in revenue in 2020. The Rates Technology team is responsible for delivering end to end solutions to the front office and other functional groups, covering trade initiation and execution, risk management, reporting, settlements and more. We are seeking software engineers who have an interest in the financial markets and are passionate about solving large-scale business problems through innovation and modern engineering practices.
Software Engineering and Design
- Assesses the vision of the business or key stakeholders and advises on technology options, risks, and costs versus benefits of various approaches
- Researches where solutions to business needs currently exist within or outside the technology platform, and if not, whether new solutions are amenable to the technology available
- Understands business processes, products and operations to design, develop and implement solutions fit for requirement
- Provides third line production support
- Establishes strong working relationships with team members, key functions within the wider organization, and across the business as appropriate
- Adopts a customer-centric mindset, actively engaging with business stakeholders to ensure their needs are well understood and addressed as part of the strategy
- Works effectively across multiple time zones in a distributed, global team
- Promotes leverage of successful products and processes from across the wider technology team
- Seeks opportunities to actively improve the existing codebase or processes, reduce technical debt, and promote stability and resiliency
- Proactively supports knowledge sharing within the team and across the wider organization, sharing information about new development and best practices via quality documentation and knowledge transfer sessions
- Plans delivery execution to achieve project objectives and key results, continuously tracks progress, identifies and mitigates potential risks to the plan
- Manages small to medium sized initiatives from the initiation/requirements phase through to completion
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree
- Minimum 3 years working in Python or other Object-Oriented Programming & Design
- Strong domain in FinTech or Financial Markets
- Knowledge of database management systems, relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
- Prior experience with team-based development following a structured lifecycle
- Prior experience with Agile Methodologies (Scrum, TDD)
- Prior experience developing with web user interface libraries (e.g. React)
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.