As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
We’re looking for an Application developer to join a fast-paced, high-energy diversified team. You will be part of the Sales and Research Technology’s Execution Workspace team, a dynamic group of 60+ technologists globally. You will work on the next generation of technology used to power trading & analytics applications. Our platform delivers a sleek, intuitive experience across the full trade lifecycle, making it easier and faster for Sales to help clients conduct business with the Investment Bank. You do not necessarily need banking experience but must be highly motivated with a track record of success in software development.
A strong background in Web UI technologies as well as experience in Core Java are critical to success in this role. With that in mind, a successful candidate should possess the following:
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience: ES6+
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience: React / Redux
- Awareness of RxJS and TypeScript is an advantage
- Desktop containers such as Chromium/Electron/OpenFin
- Enterprise Messaging (LBM/Nirvana/Tibco/Solace)
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Experience of multi-tier architectures
- Understanding of performance tuning, message integrity and security related to real-time applications
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Experience of full software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- A DevOps mind-set, with a strong focus on continuous improvement
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.