As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- Review epics and user stories provided by the business, product owners or business analysts, translate those into technical designs and develop a solution.
- Define a design and architecture for all solutions built with particular focus on developing a sustainable DevOps model.
- Individual development contribution across various components of the system, including web front-end and back-end services
- Work closely with program manager/product owner on grooming user stories, backlog prioritization, tracking and communicating progress.
- Follow and promote Agile practices like Scrum and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Create Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks
- Apply latest DevOps standards to continuously improve and transform platform into a highly available, highly maintainable platform - including but not limited to code, policy processes, behaviors, tools.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- 8or more years of software engineering experience.
- Expertise in application development and handling large volume data sets.
- Strong expertise and knowledge of HTML5 and CSS.
- Working experience in the AWS platform and services like EC2, S3, Amazon EBS.
- Experience with SQL databases such as Oracle.
- Experience developing with testing frameworks such as Junit, Mockito, Puppeteer, Selenium or Cucumber.
- Knowledge and experience of SCM and CI tools such Bitbucket, Jenkins and Maven.
- Must have work experience and solid understanding on microservices design and development, including API and cloud-based platforms and technologies.
- Domain Driven Design (DDD) knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Experience with middleware/messaging technologies such as MQ, JMS, Kafka, etc is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra and/or MongoDB is a plus.
- Experience in Big Data Technologies including - Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Hbase, and Impala is a plus
- Good understanding of containerization such as Dockers and Kubernetes is a plus.
- AWS certification is a plus.