As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
As part of Banking Technology Engineering & Architecture Group, you will join the Solutions Delivery Team which is responsible for creating common value added services to be used across Banking by leveraging best in class SDLC processes and components/architecture. We will also establish common demand for services and provide managed services for applications across the estate.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree with at least 6 years of software engineering experience
- Knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Successful contribution to software systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, global and collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages i.e. Java, React
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- A clear passion to deliver high quality products
- Experience in message queue technologies i.e. Kafka, MQ preferred
- Experience of Cloud Technologies including AWS, containers and Kubernetes is advantageous
- Demonstrated experience of performing DevOps for platforms
- Experience with Automated testing
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.