As part of the Wholesale Payment Technology Site Reliability Engineer team, you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to runtime problems. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll be supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be part of application development org building more resilient, self-healing applications that require minimum production operations for technologies that move trillions of dollars per day. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a new team building an SRE practice and tool set from the ground up.
Responsibilities Include, But Not Limited To
- Design, build, and refactor major software components that improve the availability, resilience, performance of our system.
- Help to build the technology roadmap to balance between delivery and stability and create plans to close the gaps in reliability by building robust patterns that can be leveraged by other teams.
- Evaluate distributed system best practices, frameworks and perform gap analysis with existing system. (For example, gRPC, REST, Spring cloud implementations, messages queue, cache solutions etc.).
- Participate in-deep technical discussions in the context of the product roadmap and potential risks.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a software engineering discipline
- Minimum 7 years of SRE or System engineering experience, with leadership roles
- Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms like Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Azure
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the infrastructure components. (e.g. Routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage and networks)
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java, C, C++, Go.
- Experience with developing frameworks that helps increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
- Strong communication skill and ownership.
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.