As an experienced engineer combined with leadership skills, you'll be making decisions of a global, strategic nature that impact our users and stakeholders around the globe. Your expertise in application performance, analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key focus of a high performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap.
By incorporating your hands-on knowledge with application development and mission critical production environments, you will affect change, drive automation, and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. The team will be responsible for driving results and they'll look to you to provide technical leadership to move them forward.
You will be responsible for both uplifting and maintaining our evolving technology platforms, infrastructure and technology controls. This includes oversight for production operations of our systems, as well as development/engineering of solutions to improve observability & traceability, DevOps tasks such as building CI/CD pipelines and maximize system reliability. You may also be involved in defining Service Level Objectives (SLO) and measure performance by implementing Service Level Indicators (SLI).
Your role also include root cause analysis of incidents and pro-active prevention of recurrence through the creative design and development of technical solutions & process improvements. You will partner with Infrastructure, Operations and AD teams to identify and implement automation opportunities to drive down toil, reduce technical debt and improve system stability.
Best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent technical field.
- Minimuim 10 years of IT experience in systems engineering, software development and production support in mission critical environments.
- Experience in the area of people and resource management in a globally distributed operations team environment.
- Experience with modern agile software delivery practices such as scrum, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), DevOps.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of automating tasks and writing tools in scripting languages (e.g. Python).
- Knowledge of relational database systems such as Oracle and the ability to read and write SQL.
- OS and Web server experience (RHEL, Ubuntu, Apache/Tomcat/Springboot) with strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of industry practices such as the microservices patterns
- Experience with or an understanding of NoSql, column oriented / key-value distributed database systems such as Cassandra or HBase is a plus.
- Experience with or an understanding of data/event streaming technologies such as Kafka and Spark is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software development using high level programming languages such as Java preferred.
- Understanding of data & event driven architecture are desired.
- Familiarity with Cloud based architectures and deployment practices are desired.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.