Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional and an SRE lead, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your hands-on knowledge in system design, application development, testing and operational stability will help your team deliver high quality products. You’ll be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You’ll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges.
The role is within Employee Compute which is a global team responsible for many of the end user facing products of the firm from the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Traditional Desktops, Laptops, MACs, Remote Access products, Global Application (IE, MS Office, Browsers, etc), Mobile Platforms (employee and corporate owned), End Point Security Products, In-House developed orchestration systems, and more. You will be familiar with these technologies and able to integrate internally developed applications with 3rd party applications and develop custom solutions to meet the ever changing business climate. You will be partnering with our infrastructure engineers, site reliability engineers, line of business developers and 3rd level support teams to solve complex problems and identifying areas for improvement across the products we own and operate.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Diploma holder in Engineering/Computer Science/IT
- Minimum 5 years in technology as below:
- Virtualization technologies like Citrix, VMware
- Development skills like Python, Java,
- General Network skills with basic routing, remote access
- Windows/Linux server
- Minimum 2 years of experience in managing teams or transforming teams to adopt SRE
- Understanding cloud , virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java, Powershell, C, C++, Go,
- Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
- The ideal engineer will be knowledgeable and well-versed in many of the following areas:
- Virtualization (ESX/Hyper-V)
- Microsoft Windows Servers
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS/Terminal Services)
- VDI Solutions (Microsoft/Citrix/VMWare)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Must be ambitious with driving for change and making a difference
- Must have a keen sense of product management and agile principles
- Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery.
- Experience with developing frameworks that helps increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
- Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development, security software development
- Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
- In depth knowledge of virtualization, containers, service-mesh and enterprise service bus
- Experience working with Infrastructure as a Code
- Directory Services and Group Policy (Active Directory)
- Experience working across large infrastructure environments and distributed across multiple data centers
- Familiar with Agile development process and automated testing
About The Team
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm’s cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group’s number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
High Risk Roles (HRR) are sensitive roles within the technology organization that require high assurance of the integrity of staff by virtue of 1) sensitive cybersecurity and technology functions they perform within systems or 2) information they receive regarding sensitive cybersecurity or technology matters. Users in these roles are subject to enhanced pre-hire screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks (as allowed by law). The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
Desired Skills and Experience
Agile, Application Development, Routing, Reliability, Product Management, Climate, System Design, Networking, Python, Web Application Development, Java, Orchestration, Financial Services, Software Development, C++, Agile Development