As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
You will be working in the Athena Trade & Risk Services (ATRS) team in Singapore. This is a global team that develops and maintains the systems responsible in Athena for trading, price calculation, risk management, reference data, Profit & Loss reporting and trade booking covering all line of business (Equities, Fixed Income, FX) and all products.
Athena is J.P. Morgan's cross-market risk management and trading system that provides functionality for traders, salespeople and operations staff globally. It is used in our foreign exchange, fixed income & credit and commodities businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python and C++: C++ for speed, and Python for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to provide a continuous deployment environment, and pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues, while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
We are seeking a technically strong and disciplined developer. Working closely with QR, Trading, Sales and Middle Office teams, you will be called upon to deliver quality code in a fast paced environment that evolves as business opportunities present themselves. The role will require an ability to attain clear understanding of Athena environment and of the unique design considerations that come into play in a diverse and highly interdependent systems environment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree with 5 years and above of software engineering experience, preferably within the Financial Services sector
- Proficiency in one or more of the following object oriented programming languages: Python or Java or C++
- Willingness to become proficient and develop in Python if not already a primary language
- Experience in finance or investment banking as an application developer preferred, or willingness to rapidly learn the business domain
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming skills, including data structures, algorithms
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, bring innovative and new ideas to the table
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning
- Eagerness to take accountability/ownership of work, have real business impact, collaborate with a global community of developers sharing the technology and code base
- Comfortable multi-tasking with minimal supervision, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of the team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present complex issues to non-technical users and to influence change
- Good understanding of Agile development methodologies, responsible for elucidating and agreeing requirements, building relationships with business users, and taking ownership of deliverables all the way to the production environment and beyond
- Focus on testing through the entire development cycle to produce reliable and maintainable software
- Good understanding of RDBMS and columnar databases (Oracle/Vertica or Postgres)
- Experience in Data Science, Machine Learning and AWS is a plus.
- Experience is UI/Web development is a plus but not mandatory.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.