As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
You will be working for a global team with members in Singapore, India and North America. The team is responsible for building low value and real time payments systems for our corporate customers. As a full stack developer, you will be working on high throughput, low latency micro services. There is a huge opportunity to learn the payments domain.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor's degree or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 3 or more years of software development experience using Java tech stack, including but not limited to: Core Java, Spring or Spring Boot, Junit, Mockito
- Experience with one or more UI technologies, preferably React
- Experience with one or more database technologies, e.g. Oracle, MySQL and Cassandra
- Experience in building REST APIs
- Knowledge of test-driven development and testing frameworks
- Knowledge of one or more cloud technologies like Cloud foundry, AWS
- Knowledge of one or more messaging technologies, e.g. Kafka, IBM MQ
- Knowledge of one or more IMDG technologies, e.g. Gemfire, Hazelcast
- Knowledge of data formats like JSON, XML
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Experience in version control tools like SVN, GIT
- Ability to innovate, High level of motivation to get things delivered
- Strong interpersonal skills and team building attitudeJ.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.