As part of the Wholesale Payment Technology Site Reliability Engineer team, you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to runtime problems. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll be supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be part of application development org building more resilient, self-healing applications that require minimum production operations for technologies that move trillions of dollars per day. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a new team building an SRE practice and tool set from the ground up.
Responsibilities Include, But Not Limited To
- Participate in the design of build, refactor major software components that improve the availability, resilience, performance of our system
- Design, code, test, and deliver software to automate manual operational work
- Support incident responses, blameless postmortem, design and implement the product improvement to prevent incident reoccurring
- Implement application patterns in support of better service level objectives
- Implement self-healing, resiliency patterns
- Exercise failure cases regularly to validate resilience assumptions
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a software engineering discipline
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on software engineer experience
- Curious about solving resilience problems in run time at scale
- Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
- Knowledge in a few of the infrastructure components (e.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage, and networks)
- Experience in cloud native, distributed application design and implementation
- Demonstrated communication and ownership skills
- Debugging and trouble shooting skills
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.