The Athena Platform team are seeking an experienced Full Stack Engineer to join the Athena Web Infrastructure team. The team are responsible for the maintenance and modernisation of the Web Infrastructure that underpins 1000s of mission critical web services at JP Morgan. As a Full Stack Engineer, you will have hands-on experience with developing and managing modern Web application stacks and public Cloud platforms (preferably AWS), and will play a key role in the modernisation, performance enhancement, and cloud adoption of the Web Platform.
Our Athena Web Platform provides developers with a streamlined way of deploying and hosting Athena based web services whilst abstracting away the underlying infrastructure complexities .
Athena is a cross-asset platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of the firm's business, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open source technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives you the ability to contribute to wide a range of exciting projects. Our developers enjoy working with front office, quants and other technology teams across several lines of businesses.
In conjunction with these exciting responsibilities, you will also have the opportunity to contribute to the broader modernisation agenda for the Athena Platform, including adoption of cloud native design patterns and migration to public and private cloud platforms.
- Partnering with a global team of engineers through a transformation of the Athena Web Platform to a resilient and scalable cloud based architecture.
- Optimizing the experience for developers building and deploying web applications in Athena.
- Aligning technical strategy with other partner teams across the bank to deliver a complete and coherent experience for web developers.
- Partnering with the global Athena SRE team to uplift monitoring and telemetry of the web stack.
Skills Required To Be Considered For This Role
- Bachelor degree
- Working knowledge of load balancing and service orchestration, both on-prem and in public cloud environments.
- Hands-on experience with configuring and managing Web server and proxy products such as Apache, NGINX, Haproxy or Envoy.
- Experience with one or more back end Python frameworks such as Bottle or Tornado.
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Prometheus, Grafana, and/or ELK.
- Proficient in one or more general-purpose programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, C/C++, Java.
- Minimum 5 years software engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of Docker/containers and Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code products, preferably Terraform.
- Good understanding of web and authentication protocols.
- Experience in designing and building scalable and highly resilient services.
- Experience in one or more public cloud platforms (ideally AWS).
- Experience with using one or more front end frameworks/languages such as React or Typescript.
- Experience in DevOps will be considered an advantage.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.