As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders daily to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor's degree or above
- 10 or more years of relevant development experience on medium to large scale software projects
- Advanced Knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices/ceremonies.
- Strong on Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Must have following technical skills :
- Strong in Java, Spring Framework
- Knowledge of React JS, Typescript or Angular (latest version).
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD), exposure to Cucumber.
- Understanding of Testing frameworks (JUnit and mocking techniques)
- Exposure to Selenium (or similar tool) for Automatic UI testing.
- Apache Tomcat or equivalent application containers.
- Development tools such IntelliJ IDEA, Maven, Bitbucket/Git.
- Exposure to Microservice architecture and cloud computing.
- Must have following soft skills :
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Must work well in a supportive and transparent team environment, while having the ability to research, learn and resolve issues independently.
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Proactively identify and communicate issues.
- Ability to work effectively with teams having diverse work cultures & skill sets.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Exposure to orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Exposure to compliance functions (AML or Fraud Investigation is a plus)
- Experience working with onshore/offshore teams
- Exposure to RDMS (Oracle SQL).
- Exposure to Kafka, User Analytics (using ELK or similar)
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.