Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
As a member of our Production Support team, you'll immediately put your love of technology into action. Each day, you and your team will be responsible for making sure our platforms, servers and networks are online and secure. You'll work together, evaluating, selecting, implementing, integrating, maintaining, upgrading, documenting and designing our infrastructure. You'll find new and creative solutions to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Communication is the key, both in problem solving with your supervisors and collaborating with your coworkers, as well as other teams in the network.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual that can utilize their software engineering skills to automate or eliminate operational tasks. The candidate will build and implement creative solutions to operational problems, including optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, Capacity and Resilience management and eliminating work through automation. The candidate will partner with various cross-functional teams across the globe. The candidate will be responsible for maintain products SLI/SLO, availability, reliability, tooling and visualization for business, development, and operational teams to consume.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment
- Develop tools and visualization to understand our customer experience and their product interaction
- Run, maintain and improve the service against established Service Level Objectives by applying software engineering principles
- Develop solutions to automate manual development & operational task.
- Responsible for the availability, performance, change management, telemetry, and capacity management of their services
- Engage in with the development team throughout the life cycle to help build for reliability
- Take part in Root Cause Analysis and post-mortem to identify and eliminate gaps and improve service
- Analyzes usage and telemetry data to identify patterns to predict and prevent failure
- Constantly evaluate and test products specially before and after any change
- Manage the efforts to split between manual operational work and engineering work
- Day Shift only, occasional weekend support as part of the shift rotation. Part of the global team who provide 24x7x365 support coverage.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 6 years minimum experience in a support and development role
- Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Experience with system administration in Unix, or Linux platforms
- Experience with any of high level programing language such as Java, Python or C# and shell scripting
- Experience in Incident, Change and Problem management process in an large scale operations
- Experience with Capacity and Resilience management practices and procedures will be preferred
- Experience with Agile and full software development life cycle disciplines will be preferred
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and testing framework will be preferred
- Knowledge of networking protocols will be preferred
- Industry recognized security certifications (security, networking, etc.) - strongly preferred
- Experience with Splunk in one of the following areas: IT Operations, compliance, Dev-Ops, network security, and system security, supporting security event management tools (SIEMs) will be preferred
- Working knowledge of Splunk Cloud solution offering will be preferred
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.