You will be part of International Private Banking Output client program which is going to deliver client output/analytics/confirmations to client related to core banking trading products. As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices and applying depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- Review of epics and stories provided by business, product owners or business analysts and turning those into technical designs and development
- Utilize Agile methodology and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation
- Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs developing applications within mature technology environments.
- Design, develop, code, test, debug and document code, build, deploy, and support app environments
- Review design and functional specification prepared by other team members
- Coordinate with end users during User Acceptance Testing
- Analyze and document problems, recommend solutions, and initiate corrective action.
- Support production rollouts of the functionality on-site by partnering closely with the Operate team
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or above
- Minimum 5+ years of Software Development work experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Proficiency in multiple modern architectures based on micro services, REST APIs, and event-based architecture will be key.
- Experience with middleware/messaging technologies such as MQ, JMS, Kafka, etc.
- Knowledge of CI/CD, DevOps tool chain, and a test-driven approach to agile delivery is expected.
- Exposure to AWS and/or Pivotal Cloud Foundry would be an added advantage.
- Experience with full-stack Web application development, including REST Web services in Java 7/8, Spring Boot
- Experience with SQL databases such as Oracle or Sybase
- Solid understanding of development tools: source code control software (e.g. subversion, git), build automation (e.g. Maven), continuous integration (e.g. Hudson/Jenkins), automated testing (e.g. cucumber), JIRA/Green Hopper task tracking
- Must have excellent analytical, management, technical and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated team player. Must possess the ability to research and resolve issues independently while working across teams to acquire needed information
- Ability to organize/manage multiple priorities and projects coupled with the flexibility to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.