As a QA Engineer within Kaltura's Professional Services division, you will help to deliver custom video platform solutions to some of Kaltura’s largest and most sophisticated clients. You will work closely with a global team of other QA engineers, developers, solution architects, designers, and project managers to ensure that our deliverables meet high standards of quality and our clients’ business needs.
A successful QA engineer at Kaltura is a multi-faceted technologist with strong analytical and communication skills. This role comes with opportunities for leadership and can grow into a technical lead position. You will be encouraged to disseminate best practices, as well as to develop our division’s SDLC and quality control processes.
- We welcome candidates from a diverse set of technical backgrounds and experience levels to apply for this role. Please note that automation/programming experience is not required.
- Develop effective test suites for enterprise, web-based applications.
- Work closely with solution architects and software developers to develop testing strategies that support client use cases, minimize risks to client acceptance, and provide clear ROI.
- Execute test suites against in-development software builds.
- Communicate and analyze the results of testing through bug reports, test result reports, and communication with team members and project stakeholders.
- Participate in Sprint rituals, such as estimation meetings, Sprint planning, Sprint retrospectives, and daily standup meetings.
- Assist with production deployments by organizing deployment rubrics.
- Configuring applications to client requirements and validating deployed functionality.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of QA or Business Analyst experience in a fast-paced, high-tech environment.
- Ability to review and understand complex software requirements, workflows, and use cases.
- Experience with modern web technologies, such as REST APIs and responsive user interfaces.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience in Sprint-based teams and/or Scrum.
- Experience managing software deployments.
- Knowledge of web design, web usability / universal design, and principles of good user experience.
- Basic knowledge of PHP.