We are seeking a driven, innovative lead architect to join our team in the Intelligent Automation Center of Excellence (IA COE). The IA COE enables market-makers across industries such as 5G/6G cellular, autonomous & electrified vehicles (AV/EV), IoT and quantum engineering to achieve breakthroughs through digital transformation. At the heart of this digital transformation is our portfolio of intelligent automation solutions to help customers automate their workflows and their end-to-end systems.
This individual would lead a team of software and solutions architects that span many of Keysight’s enabling test technologies across Keysight and newly acquired Eggplant. The purpose being to accelerate customer workflows and outcomes through intelligent automation that holistically combines physical, communication and user experience test. You and your team will quickly deliver customer solutions and leverage those experiences towards architecting platforms and frameworks to support scalable development of enterprise workflow solutions. As such, you must be a proven architect with experience leading teams and influencing leadership to drive to successful outcomes.
You will work closely with a broad network of Keysight leadership, strategic planners, product management, and directly with customers to understand key challenges and lead development of solutions. As a leader, you’ll be shaping your team and influencing a large community of R&D engineers; assisting in M&A activities; creatively solutioning between many of our software components and assets; and driving a culture of collaboration and interoperability.
- Collaborate with a broad network of Keysight industry solution planners/architects/R&D as well as Eggplant technologies solution architects/R&D to bring together a holistic automation solution that leverages Keysight’s physical and communications (wired, wireless and network) test & measurement capability along with Eggplant’s user experience (UX) capability.
- Make immediately real this value creation synergy through customer revenue realized and understand ways to scale and grow in the future. Leverage Eggplant’s intelligent automation framework into a broader opportunity of accelerating our customer’s design workflow in 5G, Network Test, Aerospace/Defense, Healthcare, IoT, Automotive and other markets.
- Utilize nimble development and deployment processes (Agile, Scum, etc..) that are ideally suited to address an ambiguous or unknown set of requirements.
- Work in a complex, rapidly-changing environment often with conflicting demands, in which others have large stakes and dependencies on your decisions and leadership
- Lead architectural design and system level integration, interfaces, and test requirements for our COE products and set the technology path for major components and reusability.
· Effectively communicate and interact up and down across the cross-functional teams and organizations in verbal, written and interactive methods.
· Work with the Keysight’s Strategic Business Innovation team and senior leadership to establish high-level strategy and objectives to accelerate our software and ARR growth.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent discipline
- 10+ years of software design and development experience
- Proven track record to do what it takes to deliver our products to customers on schedule
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
· Basic understanding of the test and measurement products and markets from design workflow to production test automation and the complex integration between hardware and software development of our customers products.
· Experience in instrument connectivity and measurement software development experience that spans from multiple application environments that range from embedded, mobile-device, PC/Linux, Cloud and even older main-frame systems.
· Experience with distributed systems architecture, experience moving from monoliths to microservices
o RESTful and gRPC API design
o Experience designing with microservices
o Scalable and highly available SW design experience
· Deployment experience with Docker, Kubernetes, clustering and related containerization technologies and cloud application experience towards managing large scale deployments for enterprise-level software
· Solid understanding of Jenkins CI/CD development flows and impact of DevOps on architecture