This individual will be pivotal in developing systems to support Klook’s global platform to drive demand and growth. Reporting directly to our engineering team lead and based in Singapore, our ideal candidate should have a strong passion for technology and embody integrity, strong communication skills and the willingness to learn.
About Technology & Engineering
In a fast-growing industry like ours, we can’t afford to stand still. At Technology & Engineering, we constantly test and improve our products to create the best experience in the travel and leisure industry. The team hires curious and analytical people who are always to push boundaries and have real impact.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with product and business teams to understand product and business requirements, design and develop applications and services to fulfil business needs
- Participate in solution design, application development, testing, code review, and other development activities or tasks
- Design high performance large scale system architecture, and promote industry best practices, with stability, scalability, performance, and security in mind
What you’ll need
- Bachelor degree or above in computing or other relevant engineering disciplines
- Ideally 2 years working experience in backend development in a cloud environment and exposure to AWS is a plus. Fresh graduates may be considered for the role.
- Solid background in at least one key programming language such as Go or Java, with exposure to other languages
- Knowledge of MySQL database and middleware such as Redis, Kafka, etc
- Understanding of data structure, algorithms, networking, operating systems, etc
- Exceptional communication skills in English. Mandarin is a plus for liaison with regional stakeholders
- Quick learner, strong sense of ownership, with a can-do spirit
Klook is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented and passionate people of all backgrounds. We believe that a joyful workplace is an inclusive workplace, one where employees from all walks of life have an equal opportunity to thrive. We’re dedicated to creating a welcoming and supportive culture where everyone belongs.
Klook does not accept unsolicited resumes from any temporary staffing agency, placement service or professional recruiter (“Agency”). Klook will not be responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions or other payments related to such unsolicited resumes.
An Agency must obtain advance written approval from Klook’s Talent Acquisition Team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed agreement for service and in response to a specific job opening for which the Agency has been requested to submit resumes for. Klook will not be responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions or other payments to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place or does not comply with the foregoing.