At Klook, we love creating moments of joy. Our platform connects people around the world with experiences that bring a smile to their faces, at a touch of a button. We are a global team of diverse Klookers who push boundaries every day, learn fast with feedback and take ownership to drive the change we want to see. Together, we help each other make the world a more joyful place. Up for the challenge? Join us today!
About this role
This individual will be pivotal in developing web applications to support Klook’s global platform to drive demand and growth. Reporting into our Engineering team lead and based in Singapore, our ideal candidate should have a strong passion for technology and embody integrity, strong communication skills and the willingness to learn.
About Technology & Engineering
In a fast-growing industry like ours, we can’t afford to stand still. At Technology & Engineering, we constantly test and improve our products to create the best experience in the travel and leisure industry. The team hires curious and analytical people who are always to push boundaries and have real impact.
What you’ll do
- Work on frontend development of technology applications and systems
- Collaborate with relevant parties to understand business requirements and propose elegant and robust solutions
- Manage timelines and priorities, and deliver high quality results
- Participate in code reviews and maintain high development standards
- Write unit, functional, and integration tests as part of agile development processes
What you’ll need
- BS/MS or higher degree in computer science or other technical/engineering discipline
- Ideally 2 years experience in web development with exposure in mobile development. Fresh graduates may be considered for the role.
- Experience with Vuejs and other popular frameworks such as React.js and Angular
- Familiar with frontend tools including webpack, gulp, Sass, Less, etc.
- Understanding of web frontend architecture and design. Experience in web performance optimization, SEO, CSS style optimization. In-depth understanding of fundamental technologies such as DOM, HTTP protocol, etc. Knowledge of Node.js is a plus
- Strong programming skills in writing modular and maintainable code. Experience in unit testing and refactoring
- Excellent problem solving skills, able to identify root cause of problems and propose appropriate solutions
- Fluent in English for liaison with regional stakeholders. Mandarin is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate with teams from diverse backgrounds
- Proactive with a can-do spirit, willingness to take ownership and responsibility
Klook is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented and passionate people of all backgrounds. We believe that a joyful workplace is an inclusive workplace, one where employees from all walks of life have an equal opportunity to thrive. We’re dedicated to creating a welcoming and supportive culture where everyone belongs.
Klook does not accept unsolicited resumes from any temporary staffing agency, placement service or professional recruiter (“Agency”). Klook will not be responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions or other payments related to such unsolicited resumes.
An Agency must obtain advance written approval from Klook’s Talent Acquisition Team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed agreement for service and in response to a specific job opening for which the Agency has been requested to submit resumes for. Klook will not be responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions or other payments to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place or does not comply with the foregoing.