The KPMG financial services advisory team assists banks and capital market sectors in managing their day-to-day business challenges and developments. We support our financial services clients on multiple diverse consulting projects that include:
- Business growth (e.g. market entry, customer insights, merger and acquisitions support)
- Operational process improvements
- Organisation-wide functional (re)design
- Change management and project management
- Digital and technology enablement
- Programme management support
- Data driven transformation
As KPMG embarks on a rapid growth strategy to become the preferred data driven strategy execution firm in South East Asia, we established the propositions in data driven transformation, and cloud & data center-of-excellence for all the different line of businesses to serve our clients. The ideal candidate should have experience in digital and data driven transformation while working for cloud providers, consulting firm or financial services organisations.
This role involves:
- Work closely with clients and stakeholders to solve enterprise problems like Database Migrations, Cloud Native and Serverless Applications, Big Data and Analytics Solutions
- Translate business requirements & end to end designs into technical implementations and responsible for building batch and real-time data warehouse
- Build robust batch and streaming data pipelines for production-grade data products /platforms, ensuring scalability and reliability
- Create web services or APIs to connect and integrate analytical stacks to application layers
- Build and maintain both cloud and on-premise data infrastructure
- Manage data modelling design, writing, and optimizing ETL jobs
- Data mining analysis and processing ability, participate in data access, inspection, optimisation and other processing processes
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or similar IT related courses or Exceptional candidates with Diploma / Specialist Diploma in Informatics / Analytics / Machine Learning / Data Analytics
- 1 – 6 years of experience in ETL, data pipeline building, and data warehousing
- Proficient in designing efficient and robust data integration workflows using at least one of Informatica, Datastage, SSIS, Ab Initio, Talend, etc.
- Exposure to Database technologies such as Oracle, DB2, Ms SQL, MySQL, Postgress, Informix, etc.
- Solid knowledge in data processing, like Hadoop, Mapreduce, Hive, Storm, Spark, Kylin, Scribe, Kafka, HBase, Canal, Sqoop etc
- Proficient in SQL, R and Python
- Advanced understanding of database principles, security, and administration
- Familiar with SQL, dimensional modelling, data warehousing, and data integration
- Familiar with system architecture design and analysis
- Competent in software engineering and agile development
- Able to implement and maintain components of big data technologies for both exploratory and production data science platforms
- Strong client and stakeholder management abilities coupled with excellent communication, written, analytical, organisational and problem-solving skills
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by KPMG Talent Acquisition team, personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
At KPMG in Singapore we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe that diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, gender identity or expression, colour, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other non-merit factors. We celebrate the different talents that our people bring and support every staff member in their journey to achieve personal and professional growth. One of the ways we do this is through Take Charge: Flexi-work, our flexible working framework which enables agile and innovative teams to help deliver our business goals.