Why Join Us:
BE PART OF AN INNOVATIVE, INDUSTRY-LEADING TEAM
LAI Games has a game portfolio comprised of video games, Virtual Reality experiences, mobile applications, ticket redemption games, and more. Our goal is to craft the most engaging, rewarding and innovative games and experiences in the out-of-home entertainment space, including arcades, barcades, bowling alleys and family entertainment centers. This commitment to innovation is demonstrated by the consistent launch of category-defining, award-winning titles such as Speed of Light, Snapshot, Let’s Bounce, HYPERshoot, and Virtual Rabbids: The Big Ride.
About the role:
Our development team consists of passionate gamers, driven to make the most fun, engaging and rewarding games and experiences for our players.
Our Site Reliability Engineers are motivated by well-architected, reliable, scalable solutions for our games and services. They are key to keeping our players and developers happy by crafting and maintaining seamless systems and services that deliver delightful interactions for our players, and productivity-boosting tools and processes for our development team.
Our tech stack uses GoLang for our embedded and online services, C# for low-level hardware interfaces, and Typescript / React for web services – all communicating via gRPC. We also package and maintain a custom Debian distribution. Deployment is done using Helm charts to GKE for our dedicated Kubernetes cluster.
- Engage in improving the whole lifecycle of services from inception through deployment, operations, and refinement
- Implement service monitoring and alerting solutions to track service health and performance
- Define service level objectives and gather the required metrics to track these objectives
- Improve the software lifecycle with automated tests, deployments and builds, as well as performing load testing
- Analyse and resolve issues in software, systems, tools, and services to minimize down time and interruption to development
- Identify and mitigate risks with both current infrastructure, systems, and technologies as well as potential future risks with scalability and reliability
- Work with software engineers to develop new game features with a high standard of code quality, stability, maintainability, readability, and performance.
- Work with electrical engineers to integrate custom hardware interfaces and implement tools for thoroughly testing hardware.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience using GoLang and gRPC
- Experience with monitoring and logging software (Prometheus, Elasticsearch)
- Experience with build pipelines and deployment (Gitlab CI, Helm)
- Experience with Linux system administration and configuration (Ansible, shell)
- Experience working in teams with version control systems such as Git or Perforce.
- Able to thrive in a diverse, collaborative team working productively and autonomously
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- A passion for games is critical as you'll be collaborating with the games development team and contributing to LAI Games products.
Special Requirements (nice to have):
- Experience using Typescript/React and Firebase
- Experience using WebRTC
- Experience using C#
- Experience with self-hosted Kubernetes
- Experience working with architectures that use technologies such as microservices, cluster management, containers, and cloud