Want to be part of a company whose products are part of cutting-edge research around the world? Join Leica Microsystems in our commitment for brilliant solutions and insight.
Leica Microsystems is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Software Engineer, R&D
Development, modification, and verification of LMS - software products. Works in or lead project teams to integrate new features and technologies into software platforms.
- Taking over tasks for software development and verification, to ensure the implementation and completion of the project requirements, aligned with the given timelines. Works in local, mixed (global/local), and interdisciplinary teams to achieve the project goals.
- Improvement of platform modules. Implementation of new features, redesign and refactoring of existing code, aligned with architecture roadmap. Support of technical and customer service, RA&QA, and helpdesk to reproduce problems and tackle problems and complaints.
- Works closely together with product management to refine and review requirements. Develops workflows, functional models for modules and complete components, depending on product requirements. Defines methods, parameters, data structures to implement these workflows and models in collaboration with local colleagues, interdisciplinary and global teams.
- Implements existing development processes. Actively involved in the optimization and improvement of the development process. Uses DBS tools to continuously improve all aspects of the software development process.
- Ensures that the requirements are implemented accurately, following given coding rules and guidelines. Ensure product quality with accurate unit-tests and realization within the given product architecture, coding standard, and UX/UI guideline.
- Builds and maintains appropriate user documentation for the implementation. Reviews and adjusts documentation of team members.
- Comply and enforce to the company Quality Management System and Environment, Health & Safety requirements.
- A Master's or Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of software development working experience.
- Strong programming skills in C++, C#, .NET architecture, WPF, and MS Visual Studio.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, preferably Scrum or other agile methodologies, and software test methodologies.
- Be passionate about collaborating and presenting closely with teams and other partners via a distributed model to regularly deliver solutions.
The following skills are optional & would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of image processing, Matlab, OpenCV, OpenCL, multi-threading & GPU programming in CUDA, design of parallel algorithms, and image/video processing optimization.
- Medical software development experience.
- Programming skills in mobile development such as iOS, Xcode, Android Studio, or Xamarin forms.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing and relevant development experience
Get More Insight
Learn more about what we do and who we are by watching our company video “We Are Leica”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zHmalqMXN4
Are you interested to discover new opportunities in an innovative, team-oriented environment? Then do apply online.
We are looking forward to your application!
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.