Lendlease Digital - a new business unit of Lendlease Group, a global leader in the property and construction industry - is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer with expertise in React.js and Java to help us scale our products and lead our Podium Platform and Products team. We just opened $40 million Singapore Product Development Centre to drive product leadership and deliver full-featured innovative technology products across property lifecycle. Join us as we help define and realise Autonomous Buildings of the future.
We're looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer with deep competence in (React.js, Java and Scrum Master) to join our new Singapore Product Development team. You'll be working with a team of experienced developers and will help us scale our product capabilities in close collaboration with colleagues from Product Development Centres in Sydney, Australia, and Silicon Valley. You will work closely with the Product Leadership team to build technology structures and processes.
You can expect to:
- 100% hands-on role to build, test, document and deploy high performance React.js, Node.js and Restful Java Spring Boot API's.
- Build scalable, reliable and highly performant Restful API's using Java Spring Boot on Postgres database.
- Build security features such as Authentication and Authorization for Restful API's using Spring Security on Key Cloak IAM solution.
- Collaborate closely with UX/UI product designers to translate specifications such as (wireframes) into high quality and functional frontend code.
- Collaborate closely with Product Architects on architectural/design governance, best practices, tools, technologies and frameworks.
- Collaborate closely with Product Security Architects and Application Security Engineers on security standards, best practices, tools and frameworks.
- Use best practices in software design to build reusable code modules and libraries.
- Design and implementation of database schemas using PostgreSQL. Add value with strong SQL query programming skills.
- Promotes a Lean-Agile mindset and exhibits leadership behaviour, supporting and enforcing team norms.
- Helps the team to drive relentless improvement and progress toward goals
- Hosts and facilitates Scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, daily stand-up, showcase, retrospective, backlog grooming meetings with Product Architect, engineering, QA, DevSecOps and stakeholders.
- Champion and partner with Product Architects and Engineering Managers to groom and drive Product backlogs
- Establish governance and processes structured with Agile methodologies such as SAFe , and collaborate to drive SAFe/other Agile methodologies adoption across the teams
- Coordinates activities on the Agile Release Trains and prepares for ART events.
- Works in tandem with Scrum Masters on other teams to improve the overall Value Stream by defining and measuring scrum KPI's such as sprint goals, agile teams effectiveness and customer value proposition.
- Bachelors/Masters/related degree in STEM field.
- At least 8 years of experience building large-scale commercial grade enterprise SaaS products.
- You are an experienced full-stack (frontend and backend) engineer and strive to have a large impact on your team and the company through your product contributions.
- You're motivated by a ground-level opportunity to join a growing team early and accelerate your career.
- You have a willingness to learn, teach and step outside of your comfort zone.
- Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification, or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP).
- SAFe certified or experience (or other scaled agile frameworks).
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc).
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Excellent Atlassian JIRA, Confluence and bitbucket management tools.
- Management Atlassian Jira User Groups for Agile Boards across Products.
- Build and configure project boards, Jira workflows, configure issue fields, filter management and jira add-ons.
- Configure Dashboards and metrics for key stakeholders.
- Deep competence in building UI components.
- Deep competence in Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, RESTful Services, JSON API, HTTP Protocols / CORS / CSRF, Cache Control (Redis), Microservice Architectures, Containerization, Jenkins, Junit, Hibernate, SQL.
- Deep competence in Spring Security framework.
- Expertise in variety of Spring frameworks.
- Deep competence in Java 8 and new features.
- Deep competence in object-oriented design skills, multi-threading, and concurrency.
- Deep competence in database technologies using SQL and JPA.
- Deep competence in deploying microservices on Apache/Tomcat on Linux environment with shell scripting or similar.
- Strong expertise in using the tools needed in all phases of a software development lifecycle - Visual Studio Code, Spring Tool Suite, Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, JIRA, Bitbucket, Maven, Gradle etc.
- Deep competence in common dev tools such Babel, Webpack, NPM, Gulp, Grunt.
- Deep competence in Docker containerization of Java microservices.
- Competence in asynchronous communication solutions such as RabbitMQ, Kafka etc
- Thinks critically and objectively; has excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity
- Passion for technology and communications, well-versed on the latest trends
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with GraphQL, GO, Python or C#.
- An overall understanding of popular frontend and backend languages, their associated frameworks, and their upsides/downsides.
- Is familiar with cloud providers, such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure.
- An impressive portfolio / GitHub handle to demonstrate skillsets.
Lendlease Digital culture is built on collaboration, trust, positive energy, continuous learning and innovation. There is tons of room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry-and have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us know-and join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!