Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, we are developing world-changing technologies that create a more inclusive, trustworthy and sustainable digital society. By designing, engineering and building the world’s most complete portfolio of smart devices and infrastructure, we are also leading an Intelligent Transformation - to create better experiences and opportunities for millions of customers around the world.
As a Cloud Services Providers (CSP) Field Application Engineer for Lenovo, you will be a part of a fast paced, high profile team calling on some of the world’s largest IT buyers. Lenovo will be working closely with these clients to change the future direction of IT.
Who You’ll Work With:
At Lenovo, we manufacture one of the world’s widest portfolios of connected products, including PCs (ThinkPad, Yoga, Lenovo Legion), tablets, smartphones and workstations as well as augmented and virtual reality (Mirage, ThinkReality) and smart home/office solutions, software and services. Lenovo’s data center solutions (ThinkSystem, ThinkAgile) are creating the capacity and computing power for the connections that are changing business and society.
- Identify and develop new opportunities within accounts.
- Responsible for giving product presentations to the customer describing how Lenovo solutions provide address customer needs.
- During customer's product design, responsible for design assistance including onsite visits to review designs, examine customer problems and provide suggestions on optimal ways to use Lenovo products.
- Support the sales team by managing customer relationships, especially at all technical team levels within a customer organization
- Give product demonstrations and execute benchmarks to show product capabilities and ease of use.
- Understand competitor's strengths and weaknesses relative to the appropriate technical strategy.
- Communicate strategies to appropriate field and factory personnel to obtain required support and coordination.
- Assist the customer throughout the development cycle to ensure successful completion of the product.
- Provide timely feedback to the factory on product and strategy issues to ensure the Lenovo is capable of responding to and/or anticipating changes needed to maintain success.
- Requires thorough knowledge of business practices and procedures in order to perform non repetitive, analytical work.
- Provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Knowledge of Cloud Native Apps, AI, ML, Edge and Big Data solutions ideal.
- Work closely with other Lenovo sales teams and product and support organizations to position Lenovo value, achieve revenue objectives and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Deliver technical updates and road maps to C-level executives while maintaining and forecasting account engagement information in Lenovo’s CRM tools.
- Will interface with Ecosystem partner such as Intel and others.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of attributes, education, and experience:
- 10+ years of technical sales experience required; Field Application Engineer, Server Sales Specialist, Solution Architect and/or Pre-Sales Engineer.
- Experience selling into some of the largest Cloud Services Providers or Hyperscale accounts in the region.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, be proactive, and prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong communication skills with internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Technical support experience, program initiation, account management, and negotiation skills are necessary.
- Collaborate with supply chain on demand forecast, supply management and factory build process.
- High ethical standards.
- Must be able to travel up to 50%.
- 5+ years of technical sales in server products especially those requiring custom and semi-custom designs.
- Technically savvy on CPU, GPU, Server, Storage and Network related technologies and solutions.
- Experience in the strategic selling of future and current technologies related to AI, Big Data, Cloud, Edge and HPC solutions.
- Demonstrated problem solving and leadership experience amongst a group of peers.
- BS or MS degree in CS/CE/EE or relevant experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.