As a Quality Engineer, you be an individual contributor within a team of experts to deliver quality engineering and quality assurance to other product and engineering teams.
You will be responsible for assessing, designing and providing test cases for the products and features developed by the teams you support, and providing automated test scripts for the team as well. In addition to that, you will also contribute to building tools to support or ease testing needs of the team as well as contribute to building general test tools and infrastructure that can be utilized or reused by any engineers in SP Digital to fulfil their testing and quality needs.
The team is expected to be a keen collaborator across other engineering teams to ensure they are not blocked in their build, test and release and ensure high quality output and release throughout.
Apart from being an automation engineer, you will provide guidance on quality analysis, quality assurance and coaching to the team and other engineers outside the team in matters of testing and quality. You will also setup and maintain continuous testing pipelines to ensure fast feedback in the develop and test cycles.
You would be passionate about evangelising software quality, testing standards and best practices, negotiate for sufficient testing time with engineering leads and product owner to ensure the quality of the products being released.
In order to excel in the above, you will need have a good testing and analytical skills, a curious mindset, a good grasp of programming skills and technical knowledge and a hunger to continuously learn new things.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain automation test suites, test cases and test reports for mobile, web and API.
- Build automated system-level integration and end to end testing and release verifications
- Work with product owners and engineers to understand product requirements, identify missing requirements and evaluate the testability of new features
- Communicate test results and product quality status to various stakeholders in a timely manner
- Build and improve CIC/CD pipelines to ensure smooth delivery cadence and release cycles
- Build applications, tooling ecosystems and infrastructure to enable testing at scale, test monitoring and smart analytics of test results
- Determine production issues and prioritise their severities, and follow up with teams on bug fixes and resolution
- Drive better software and test design, engineering practices and other quality concepts across our different teams and products
What You’ll Need
- You have experience using Selenium WebDriver/Cypress, Appium or other similar test automation tools to perform Web, iOS, Android and API testing
- You are familiar or have working familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
- You are able to separate signal from noise and can easily identify or help the team debug and identify the root causes of an issue
- You are passionate about software and product quality and have a curious mindset that thinks outside the box
Good To Have
- Experience building automation frameworks and/or test infrastructure from scratch
- Experience with setting up CI/CD pipelines and tools
- Experience with containerisation tools such as Docker
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.