As an early member of the engineering team, you’ll be working directly with the lead engineers, CTO and user researchers. We are a distributed, yet tight-knit team, across cities in the U.S, as well as Canada, Turkey, and India. We embrace diversity by driving inclusive practices to cultivate ideas, perspectives and energy of team members from different backgrounds.
At Lunchclub, our teammates reflect our product’s mission to create meaningful connections. We believe in the value of human interaction and intellectual curiosity. As such, we are here to support one another in our personal and professional growth. You will find that each of us has a strong commitment to reach our full potential, and are ambitious and passionate about building Lunchclub.
About Machine Learning At Lunchclub
We're a small team of software engineers driving big outcomes with a lot of shared responsibility. Our engineers actively take part in discussions on product, design, user interviews, and more. Machine learning, in particular, is at the core of what makes Lunchclub special. You'll be driving the connections, partnerships, and friendships formed through the use of our platform. The fastest way to learn technology is to build things at an early stage startup — we expect you to grow a lot as an engineer during your time here.
About The Role
As a machine learning engineer at Lunchclub you'll...
- Build features from start to finish. Start with research or an idea, work with design to draft up a spec, build, launch, and polish.
- Improve and iterate on existing our existing matching algorithm through A/B testing, user, or team feedback.
- Build and improve existing internal tools, helping us maintain our team's high impact on our growing community.
- Play an active role in the shaping of the future of the algorithm, product, and business.
This role could be for you if...
- You love problem solving — especially with code.
- You have a few years of experience in a machine learning role and have the ambition and skills to grow quickly as an engineer.
- You're a more experienced engineer looking to use your skills to own and build a product that's changing people's lives.
- You've had experience working in a small team to deliver a product experiencing rapid growth.
- You know how to balance building quickly with building well.
- You have experience with some or all of the following:
- Data science and statistics
- Deep learning
- Jupyter Notebooks
Bonus: You're adept with Python/Flask, MySQL, Docker.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (if US based).
- New laptop/equipment to suit your needs.
- Flexible vacation time.
- Hybrid remote/office work culture.
At Lunchclub, we've built a culture of collaboration, inclusivity and creativity. We are a diverse team, spread globally, that believes working with talented individuals anywhere gives us a competitive edge. A can do attitude is a common thread that you will find on our team. We strive to reach our full potential by constantly improving both ourselves and our product and believe deeply in the value of human interaction and intellectual curiosity.
Lunchclub is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Learn more about us here: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/01/lunchclub-tops-100-million-valuation-amid-quarantine-usage-spike.html.