This is a remote-first opportunity.
About The Team
As an early member of the engineering team, you’ll be working directly with the lead engineers, CTO and user researchers. We are a distributed, yet tight-knit team, across cities in the U.S, as well as Canada, Turkey, and India. We embrace diversity by driving inclusive practices to cultivate ideas, perspectives and energy of team members from different backgrounds.
At Lunchclub, our teammates reflect our product’s mission to create meaningful connections. We believe in the value of human interaction and intellectual curiosity. As such, we are here to support one another in our personal and professional growth. You will find that each of us has a strong commitment to reach our full potential, and are ambitious and passionate about building Lunchclub.
About Engineering At Lunchclub
We're a small team of generalist software engineers driving big outcomes with a lot of shared responsibility. We often work outside the traditional Fullstack/Backend/Frontend mould to create, fix, and improve Lunchclub for our users and fellow engineers. Our engineers also actively take part in discussions on product, design, user interviews, and more. The fastest way to learn technology is to build things at an early stage startup — we expect you to grow a lot as an engineer during your time here.
About The Role
As a software engineer intern at Lunchclub you'll...
- Build features from start to finish. Start with research or an idea, work with design to draft up a spec, build, launch, and polish.
- Improve and iterate on existing features through A/B testing, user, or team feedback.
- Build and improve existing internal tools, helping us maintain our team's high impact on our growing community.
- Play an active role in the shaping of the future of the product and business.
This role could be for you if...
- You love problem solving — especially with code.
- You're looking to grow quickly as an engineer and do not fear ownership, even at an early stage of your career.
- You know how to balance building quickly with building well.
- Flexible vacation time.
- Hybrid remote/office work culture.
Lunchclub is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Learn more about us here: https://techcrunch.com/2019/09/18/lunchclub-raises-4m-from-a16z-for-its-ai-warm-intro-service.