We are looking for a Data Engineer to work on automating and productizing advanced big data transformation and analytics pipelines. You would be working with standard big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, etc,), as well as our proprietary big graph analysis framework.
The ideal candidate would be someone with onsite B2B experience while dealing with enterprise technology deployment. He/she should be able to liaise with internal technology teams and work in a multi-stakeholder environment. This role will require a strong background in programming and a good understanding of various Big Data Technologies.
A Data Engineer’s responsibility is to implement and deploy data analysis pipelines at various clients of Lynx Analytics. This includes participating in the activities below:
- Understand deeply the business problem that we are trying to solve by our analytical solution
- Through continuous consultations with employees of our client, discover the client's existing data sources that are relevant to the problem we try to solve. This includes discussions with client IT, data owners, future business users, etc.
- Working together with the IT teams of the client, define the technical architecture for the analytical solution that we are to deploy for the client.
- Implement the data ingestion subsystem: this is the system responsible for moving all the necessary data sources to a single location where the actual analysis will happen.
- Implement the data analysis pipelines.
- Integrate the results into business UIs developed by Lynx or pre-existing client software systems
- Relevant tertiary qualification, preferably at Masters level or above, in Engineering or another relevant discipline with strong academic results
- Strong programming skills
- Solid knowledge of Python and Java (or better yet, Scala)
- Good understanding of the Linux OS including basic sysadmin and shell scripting abilities
- Experience in project delivery in a B2B setting
- Good problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in Big Data
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Data Science or Analytics
- Industry experience in working for a big enterprise (like our clients)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work on creating innovative, leading-edge data science pipelines using our state of the art, in-house built big graph tool
- Work closely with the developers of the (big graph) tool you will be building upon
- Be a member of a very strong team with mathematicians, ex-Googlers, Ivy League professors, MBA alumni and telecommunications industry experts
- Startup atmosphere
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for employees
- Opportunity to travel (Southeast Asia, US, and Europe)
- Flexible working hours, family-friendly workplace