Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
Does change excite you and do you want to be part of the engineering team that redefines how we secure our cloud assets? We are changing the way we unlock value and secure the enterprise through technology, and we want you to be part of it! We are growing our cybersecurity program with the vision to deliver quality software that adds value to our customers, faster and securely, at scale. Our customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We are building a state-of-the-art cybersecurity program to better protect the firm's critical assets.
We are seeking Platform Engineers who are also well-versed in systems integration and/or data integration to assist in discovering, building and socializing solutions and patterns that have a significant impact on Manulife’s security and information management posture. You will also get to work on cloud-centric platforms and services to maintain, extend, and operationalize our Security solutions.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Establishing logging patterns and best practices to guide onboarding of applications and infrastructure logs to the centralized log management platform
- Working closely with global application and infrastructure teams to ensure successful implementation of end-to-end logging from various sources, systems and log agent solutions.
- Configure logging platforms such as Logstash and FluentD for onboarding of Cloud PaaS services such as Azure EventHub and AKS ( Kubernetes )
- Develop log and event collectors using Python, Airflow, and other tools
- Implementing a continuous integration (CI) or continuous development (CD) pipeline or any automation required to facilitate automation and repeatability
- Apply your technical aptitude and experience to learn new cloud services & security technologies
- Develop and maintain a highly automated deployment environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- 1+ year experience as Integration specialist, Platform Engineer or DevOps engineer
- 1+ year experience with cloud service provider offerings like Microsoft Azure (IaaS, PaaS, etc.) or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience implementing a continuous integration (CI) or continuous development (CD) pipeline with GitHub/Jenkins
- Experience coding and/or scripting in one or more languages like Python, Java, NodeJS, C++, GO
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the latest cloud trends and best practices, including Cloud-Native, DevOps and infrastructure-as-code principles
- Experience with software configuration management tools (e.g., Chef)
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools (e.g., Terraform)
- Experience any logging technologies like as Syslog-ng, Logstash, FluentD, NxLog, Splunk Forwarders
- Experience using and/or building APIs ( REST / SOAP )
- Experience working in an agile culture leveraging agile methodologies like Scrum
- Kubernetes on a mainstream cloud provider
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .