Marsh & McLennan is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Singapore office:
Lead Applications Developer
What can you expect?
- Reporting to the Regional Digital Applications Leader in Singapore and will be involved in creating Insurance wellness management digital solutions to support clients and agencies in multiple countries across APAC.
- Marsh Digital offers an amazing opportunity for distinguished digital technologists specializing in Digital Software Development to transform the company’s digital capabilities while unleashing the power of our industry leading platforms and data assets to deliver innovative products and disruptive business models globally.
What is in it for you?
- In Marsh Digital we are all about developing and integrating innovative digital products for our clients. This group is nimble, creative, and empowered to shape the Marsh’s digital landscape
- Be part of an Agile Team driving latest development Practices
- Learn from industry leaders in Digital across the globe to gain extensive oversight of the exciting initiatives that are running globally.
- Utilize your knowledge, depth and breadth in Digital Applications to put to practice the delivery of seamless digital applications.
- Work with the latest technologies in AWS/Cloud
- Utilize your extensive background in Coding and demonstrate your intellectual capability in conducting hands on coding role.
- Ignite your passion with technology, coding and application development and build your future career with Marsh.
We will count on you to:
- Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Liaise with Project Managers / Business Analysts / Architecture team members in various countries to collect the requirements and deliver the solutions.
- Collect detailed user and technical requirements. Works with team members/stakeholders to analyse collected requirements, translate into programming solutions, and ensure that identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Deliver fully tested source code complying with quality indicators and development standards. Investigate and resolves problems on selected modules and standard implementations. Learning to apply appropriate tools to analyse, identify, and resolve technical problems.
- Handle an extensive coding role with the capability to implement from beginning to end.
- Under general direction, designs, constructs, tests, implements the change requests / enhancements of our products.
- Drive major changes in technology development using cloud native architecture patterns in a distributed environment
- Drive culture change in technology to become a truly Agile team which is self-organizing, DevOps and believes in everything automated
- Collaborate with Marsh Digital Labs, Platform, and Development teams on new / existing product development opportunities
- Continuously learn about new technologies and help keep the entire group abreast of industry developments and evolving best practices
What you need to have:
- Degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or Equivalent.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in application development using Angular JS / MEAN stack. Hands on experience with Spring boot, mongo db, Spring boot saml, Angular 8, Node.
- Strong Angular component development experience, including creating custom components
- Working experience of relational database dialects (MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL) or similar DB management systems
- Experience working in Linux server environments
- Experience with Saas/LESS CSS preprocessor
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git, SVN, etc)
- Agile software development, JIRA, Wiki, Crucible
- Experience with cloud deployment services (Heroku, AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience following industry-accepted design standards
- Awareness of secure software development principals
- Understanding of unit testing and commitment to cover all code with unit tests
- Experience with automated testing of front end
- Strong debugging and analysis skills using tools
- Familiarity working in an Agile DevOps environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated the ability to build professional relationships.
- Excellent Problem solving skills with innovative and proactive approach.
- Ability to work individually, in a team and across geographically dispersed teams – A good team player.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills
Nice to have
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), OOAD, design patterns, component-based development, test-driven development
- Insurance Domain experience
- Knowledge in Mobile Application Development (iOS or Android)
- Knowledge of building applications in a Microservice architecture
- Interest in mentoring team members who are transitioning to use MEAN stack