We are looking for a full-stack R engineer to join Mastercard’s Economics Institute; reporting to the team lead for quantitative economics. An individual who will play a pivotal role in shaping the economics institute engineering discipline; contributing to the overall success and value of the teams products, reports, and outputs. Specifically:
- develop installable R functions, modules, and packages
- build scalable shiny apps (1000’s of concurrent users)
- own continuous integration / continuous deployment pipelines
- design client-side and server-side architecture
- build advanced shiny functionality, using custom bindings, JS events, and htmlwidgets
- develop with JS chart libraries (plotly < highcharts < D3.js) and/or a front-end framework (React, Angular, Vue.js)
- work with databases (SQL, Hadoop), & expose end to end solutions via plumber API
- wide breadth of knowledge around data wrangling, modeling, reporting, automation
- be comfortable working with data engineers to define production data pipelines
- document code using roxygen and git version control
- review, test, and deploy code daily
All About You
- active contributor to github, gitlab, bitbucket, or a code-based blog (we want to see your code/contributions!)
- creative & passionate about data, coding, technology, and its applications, with an entrepreneurial mindset
- excitement for R, tidyverse, modeling, and tidy code principles
- fluent in more than one programming language and/or paradigm
- the ability to read code and ‘get it’
- strong collaborator and independent thinker
- excellent at managing multiple projects and tight timelines
- proven record of creativity, innovation, and unorthodox thinking
- comfortable working with engineers, product owners, data scientists, economists
- comfortable working in a fast paced and fluid environment, staying calm under pressure
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All Activities Involving Access To Mastercard Assets, Information, And Networks Comes With An Inherent Risk To The Organization And Therefore, It Is Expected That The Successful Candidate For This Position Must
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security.
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.