Maxeon is seeking a high-energy, customer-focused Senior Product Manager as a critical member of the new Digital Products and Services team. As part of Maxeon’s the digital leadership team, this role will be responsible for the customer lifecycle of customers with commercial and residential structures.
In addition to product leadership the role also needs to define and lead the engagement across all customer touch points. Making the education, discovery and purchase experience as simple as possible is just as important as creating a simple yet powerful user-centric monitoring and self-care experience. Core responsibilities include representing the roof owner inside Maxeon’s product organization and beyond, always advocating from the customer’s point of view, discovering and evaluating new product initiatives and business cases, leading product definition and leading implementation and continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will be strong both technically and commercially, be comfortable engaging with a variety of stakeholders across our customers, partners, suppliers and internal organization. This person must have a passion for leading and developing products, understand business flows as good as customer-centric design and be capable of driving business-level decisions at all levels of the organization. This position reports to the Head of Digital Products and Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own the end-to-end lifecycle and strategy for digital products and platforms targeting residential and commercial roof owners
- Shape Maxeon’s product vision and deliver a roadmap of products, platforms and customer touchpoints
- Lead the cross-functional team that designs, develops and launches Maxeon’s digital products
- As the portfolio grows, build and manage a highly skilled, diverse team of products managers expanding to every aspect of the roof owner’s experience and beyond
- Partner with leaders throughout our company to align on priorities and shape our product roadmap
- Evangelize long-term strategy to the development teams, the product and business teams and the broader organization.
- Lead and inspire teams to develop innovative products, from broad concept development through implementation
- Lead ideation and definition of unique features and services applying Design Thinking methods
- Ship minimum-loveable-products based on quantitative and qualitative data on user behavior and experimentation
- Define success metrics and consistently measure the impact of your work.
- Lead the team to deliver the roadmap through agile sprint cycles, breaking down the product roadmap into executable stories and requirements
- Constantly driving challenge-based collaboration to spur a high-performing culture that will develop high-quality products.
- Represent Maxeon at public events (e.g. trade shows, speaking opportunities) as a subject-matter expert
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- 8+ years experience as a product manager with a tech software or financial services company, preferably working on large scale platforms and/or payments
- Experience of managing product managers
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology, business, finance, economics or related fields
- Being an ecosystems thinker, being able to conceptually connect dots between interdependent models
- Being a self-starter, thriving in a team environment and accepting constructive criticism as part of continuous improvement in the design quality.
- Obsessed with understanding the needs of the users of your services
- Experience working across multidiscipline and the Agile way of working
- Demonstrable success in launching new products or features with clear metrics and impact; ideally in a fintech, ecommerce or startup environment
- Healthy blend of strategic thinking capabilities with an innate "dream big, start small" mindset and a keen eye for detail
- Empathy for users and a drive to discover and resolve their pain points.
- An analytical and a data-driven approach to problem solving
- An owner’s mindset - you don’t shy away from the hard stuff
- Passion for building delightful product experiences
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to quickly command trust and respect from executives and partners
- Experience of leading teams and mentoring other PMs
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Maxeon’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. Maxeon disapproves of, and will not tolerate, unlawful discrimination against any applicant or employee because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, age, religion, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws.