MediaMonks Singapore is looking for a Creative Web Lead Developer. Someone at the same level as a senior developer, but with the added challenge of owning projects from start to finish, overseeing how development progresses across multiple teams, and being the one person who can see and identify all the steps needed to reach the end goal. Your projects will range from single page product launches, to fully functioning commerce platforms that integrate with 3rd party CRMs. From a simple visitor counter widget, to an interactive 3D web game.
In this role, you will help our producers discuss and agree on technical matters with our clients. Depending on the project you may, (1) spend time prototyping something for our clients, (2) lead a multidisciplinary team of developers in a different timezone, or (3) work closely with our client’s internal teams to get our projects done. Good verbal communication is important, as you will be involved in pitching, onboarding, developing, overseeing, and delivering projects.
In this role, you will guide our creative team to hone in on award winning ideas that are feasible, and help our clients reach their goals.
MediaMonks considers Lead Developers to be the Monks of the highest level of technical expertise within its production ranks. However, it is not an end station, and growth options are available. At MediaMonks Singapore you will have other Lead Developers in different fields as co-workers. Together you form the technical team of MediaMonks Singapore, backed by a global team of many other developers.
Unfortunately we are not able to offer visa sponsorship for this role.
- Conducting face to face time with clients about matters tech. Understanding their business needs, and helping them reach their objectives.
- Recommending off the shelf solutions, and filling the remaining gaps with your own technical vision.
- Guiding project teams from initial design phases through to final delivery.
- Conducting regular meetings to review project risks, issues and develop mitigation and contingency plans where required.
- Creating technical documentation to support development teams.
- Provide hands-on senior-level leadership on web development work.
- And most importantly; “owning” the project.
- DevOps experience is a major plus.
- Scrum and continuous delivery experience are a plus.
- Ability to translate and present Technical executions with Clients.
- Previous work within Client guidelines to produce innovative solutions.
- Experience mentoring and leading team members in Technical skills.
- Previous experience as a Senior Developer using the latest web technologies.
- Previously produced comprehensive and accurate estimates for development work.
- Managed freelance, outsource and internal development teams.
- Experience integrating development teams into broader development teams.
- Experience to a significant extent in the following relevant areas: Excellent frontend development skill set (at least HTML5/JS/CSS, VueJS, Typescript). Understanding the implications of both waterfall and scrum/kanban, and being able to plan/mitigate/scope based on that.
- Experience to some extent in the following relevant areas: Good understanding of backend development (setting up and navigating at least a LAMP/LEMP stack). Basic understanding of cloud service capabilities and how to get started with them (just one of the following is sufficient: AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure). Some experience with well known CMS(-adjacent) systems (WordPress, Drupal, Shopify, etc.).
- Experience in the following areas is useful (but not essential): WebGL, HAXE.
- Last but not least; the ability to master tomorrow what you don’t know today, and an attitude to get things done.