Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
JR6628 Data Scientist (NCG) (Evergreen)
As a Data Science Engineer at Micron, you will employ techniques and theories drawn from areas of mathematics, statistics, semiconductor physics, materials science, and information technology to uncover patterns in data from which predictive models, actionable insights, and solutions can be developed.
You will interact with experienced Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Business Areas Engineers, and UX teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis projects and improvement of existing tools. In this position, you will help develop software programs, algorithms and/or automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. There will be significant opportunities to perform exploratory and new solution development activities.
Responsibilities Include, But Not Limited To
- Strong desire to grow a career as a Data Scientist in highly automated industrial manufacturing doing analysis and machine learning on terabytes and petabytes of diverse datasets.
- Experience in the areas: statistical modeling, feature extraction and analysis, supervised/unsupervised/semi-supervised learning. Exposure to the semiconductor industry is a plus but not a requirement.
- Ability to extract data from different databases via SQL and other query languages and applying data cleansing, outlier identification, and missing data techniques.
- Strong software development skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with or desire to learn:
- Machine learning and other advanced analytical methods
- Fluency in Python and/or R
- pySpark and/or SparkR and/or SparklyR
- Hadoop (Hive, Spark, HBase)
- Teradata and/or another SQL databases
- Tensorflow, and/or other statistical software including scripting capability for automating analyses
- SSIS, ETL
- Experience working with time-series data, images, semi-supervised learning, and data with frequently changing distributions is a plus
- Experience working with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) is a plus
- Existing papers from CVPR, NIPS, ICML, KDD, and other key conferences are plus, but this is not a research position
- B.S. in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science and Physics.
- M.S. or Ph.D. with specialization in Data analytics, mathematics, Physics, Statistics, computer science.
- 1+ years or lessto data science and machine learning.
Please note that in order to assist in providing a safe and healthy workplace for all Micron team members, new employment offers for jobs based in the U.S., Singapore and Malaysia are contingent upon the applicant’s provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document to Micron on a confidential basis prior to their scheduled start date confirming that they have completed the COVID-19 vaccination process, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org