Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
245301 ENGINEER - DATA SCIENCE
Align to, Understand, and Prioritize Analytic Goals to Address Business Opportunities and Value
- Maintain an intimate understanding of company and department strategy
- Understand the business objectives in order to develop or establish success criteria metrics
- Translate business problems into one or more data science projects/solutions
Lead Efforts to Identify Signals in Data that Address Use Cases
- Understand business processes (data sources and meaning)
- Manage and optimize data discovery and cleansing
- Understand and collect relevant data
- Identify new data sources in the network that will create new insights to business needs
- Explore relevant data through visualization and statistical methods
Collect, Organize, and Prepare Data for Analysis
- Work with various volumes of data from multiple disparate sources and perform data analysis and mining to generate solutions to business problems
- Ensure processes taken to maintain data integrity
- Understand available data and what data is relevant
- Collaborate with data architects (IS engineers, BI engineers, DBAs, etc.) to ensure that data needed is available
- Develop and automate ETL jobs for various volumes of data
Uncover Patterns in Data, Develop Models, and Evaluate Validity of Solutions
- Develop expertise in data mining and analytic methods
- Determine statistical validity and significance (pick out signals from noise)
- Identify and apply appropriate analytical models
- Evaluate results using statistical methods and improve the model where appropriate
- Develop predictive models
Deploy Data Science Models into Business Processes
- Present findings and deliver recommendations using effective presentation and data visualization techniques
- Collaborate with software engineers to deploy data science solutions into production applications
- Ensure that the models are easy to support and maintain
- Regularly review deployed models and monitor for continual improvement
- Validate that the business value has been met
- Masters/Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience in Statistics/Physics/Computer Science/Engineering/Operations Research/Applied Maths/Data Analytics
- Good knowledge in programming and statistics.
- Excellent code writing abilities.
- Experience in Data-mining and yield analysis.
- Experience in developing application and data-source in Hadoop big data platform will be advantageous.
Working Location : Micron Fab10, Woodlands