Are you a seasoned technology leader, who is passionate about cloud and the benefits it can bring to support the largest and most complex government customers in their journey to the cloud? Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Services. Continuing this success, Azure has expanded into the Government space with its mission-critical cloud, delivering breakthrough innovation and security to those customers and their partners. With world-class security, protection, and compliance, departments and agencies can accelerate cloud adoption with confidence, in a consistent hybrid environment designed for flexibility and scale. Azure for Government enables innovation with deeply integrated cloud services, advanced analytics, and an open application platform, that provides the building blocks to rapidly develop, deploy and manage intelligent solutions. Government customers can leverage the vast network of Microsoft’s technology partners and diverse marketplace offerings, to advance their mission and serve their citizens.
As we drive to be the leading cloud platform in the world, Azure Global Government Engineering team is hiring an exceptional Government Expansion Director to help accelerate our most strategic government customers’ adoption of Microsoft Azure by connecting our technical experience, along with our customers’ vision and challenges directly to the engineering product teams, and as a result help to ensure Azure is the most compelling solution on the market. We work across the broad range of Azure technologies understanding customer mission scenarios, cloud patterns and adoption blockers.
If so, the Azure Global Government (AGG) Team is looking for a seasoned and experienced engineering leader to help define and execute on our Government expansion strategy. You will partner closely with your colleagues, engineering, and infrastructure teams, as well as country leadership to drive adoption of Azure.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform and grow within our organization and to shape the adoption of Azure. We encourage you to apply to learn more.
- Design or configuration of Cross Domain Solutions, encryption and other gateways for integration and interoperability with external systems and partners
- Working with Azure Global Engineering teams to deliver a secure and resilient hyperscale cloud.
- Delivering design documentation to meet required standards and achieve accreditation.
- Support, troubleshoot, and automate implementation and day to day operations of Azure CDS systems
- Singapore Citizenship
- BS/MS Computer Science/Networking/Communications/Physics
- Recognized networking certification (CompTIA, Cisco etc.)
- 10+ years of secure networking design and configuration
- Systems shell scripting experience (Bash, PowerShell, Python)
- Network configuration and troubleshooting experience (Linux, Windows, Cisco)
- Experience in developing security hardening procedures, best practices, and policy implementation to meet Government requirements.
- Deep CDS understanding, including selection, configuration, and accreditation in a secure environment.
- Extensive experience in working with Government encryption standards and operational management of equipment
- 5+ years’ experience in program management
- Strong customer focus and data driven approach.
- Ability to coordinate across numerous teams and stake holders to raise the security bar and drive accountability.
- End-to-end Delivery and Innovation
- Agility in fast paced environment
- Experience working across the Defense and Security community
- Deep understanding of the OSI model and separation of networks
- Apache NiFi configuration and troubleshooting experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.