Are you a seasoned cloud engineer, who is passionate about cloud and the benefits it can bring to support the largest and most complex government customers in their journey to the cloud? Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Services. Continuing this success, Azure has expanded into the Government space with its mission-critical cloud, delivering breakthrough innovation and security to those customers and their partners. With world-class security, protection, and compliance, agencies can accelerate cloud adoption with confidence, in a consistent hybrid environment designed for flexibility and scale. Azure for Government enables innovation with deeply integrated cloud services, advanced analytics, and an open application platform, that provides the building blocks to rapidly develop, deploy and manage intelligent solutions. Government customers can leverage the vast network of Microsoft’s technology partners and diverse marketplace offerings, to advance their mission and serve their citizens.
As we drive to be the leading cloud platform in the world, Azure Global Government Engineering team is hiring an exceptional program manager to help accelerate our most strategic government customers’ adoption of Microsoft Azure by connecting our technical experience, along with our customers’ vision and challenges directly to the engineering product teams, and as a result help to ensure Azure is the most compelling solution on the market. We work across the broad range of Azure technologies understanding customer mission scenarios, cloud patterns and adoption blockers.
The Azure Global Government Expansion and Growth group is focused on expanding Azure’s footprint and unlocking new Government markets. Our focus is on “going deep” with government customers to understand their toughest mission problems and look for how Azure can solve them; and then scaling this to work to other government customers. We do this globally and work across the broad range of Azure technologies understanding customer scenarios, cloud patterns and adoption blockers.
If so, the Azure Global Government (AGG) Team is looking for a Principal Program Manager to help define and execute on our Government expansion strategy in Singapore. You will partner closely with your colleagues, engineering, and infrastructure teams, as well as country leadership to drive adoption of Azure.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform and grow within our organization and to shape the adoption of Azure. We encourage you to apply to learn more.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of our customers’ domain, translating their objectives and priorities into opportunities to architect and deliver solutions based on Azure.
- Conduct workshops with customers to elicit requirements and provide advice on design, development, and deployment of secure applications.
- Manage and work with Microsoft and Partner Engineering Teams to deliver solutions at pace that meet customer expectations.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest Azure and Microsoft innovations that can meet evolving customer needs.
- Develop deep relationships with key senior customer stakeholders, who drive long-term cloud adoption.
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educate customers on the Azure platform.
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners, and external communities.
- Collaborate closely with the Engineering Lead and in-country counterparts to align recurring executive meetings to elevate successes, blockers, identify solutions and mitigate challenges for the program.
- Leverage customer and partner relationships to solicit executive support for the program, align stakeholders, garner decisions, and execute on behalf of the program.
- Lead awareness campaigns to educate and inform key stakeholders on the program and capture feedback to advance the program
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of success in consultative/complex technical software development projects, including business development and sales support activities.
- Deep understanding and experience of the Defense and/or Security domain(s), key challenges, priorities, and stakeholders
- Proven track record of building deep relationships with senior stakeholders across the customer and partner community.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Azure technologies and how these can be utilized to satisfy Defense and Security mission requirements.
- Experience of managing software development teams within complex projects and highly regulated customer environments.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to handle sensitive situations involving critical and politically charged partner situations, to lead projects and to motivate others.
- Experience of delivering Big Data, Analytics and AI solutions that have enabled customers to operate more effectively.
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends.
- Knowledge of cloud development platforms and understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.