Microsoft Consulting Services helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
Do you have a passion for creating large scale cloud solutions? Are you interested in helping Microsoft customers create & deploy cutting-edge solutions in Microsoft Azure?
As a Senior Consultant you will be responsible for delivering high quality solutions and business outcomes based on Microsoft Azure. You will have the opportunity to help us create & deliver the next generation of Azure-based Solutions for our most strategic customers. Our Consulting team offers a collaborative culture where you can contribute your knowledge & experience while learning together as we create cutting-edge cloud solutions for our customers.
- Customer facing delivery of Azure Cloud Solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Ability to deliver results through teamwork while achieving individual billable attainment goals.
- Ability to focus on customers, proven ability to be client focused, create results, proactive, and collaborate with others.
- Demonstrate a passion for mentoring, supporting peers & sharing knowledge.
- Consume and contribute best practices, lessons learned, and intellectual property (IP) to the global Microsoft community with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Foster senior level client relationships and engage with senior level Microsoft and client stakeholders to drive solution success.
- Display strong time, project, and priority management skills.
- Express great communication skills, presentation skills, written skills, customer/partner relationships and expectations management
Need to have a deep technical background with 7+ years of technology-related experience, along with 3+ years of Microsoft Azure (Experience on AWS or GCP will be an added advantage).
- Database administration (preferably with Azure SQL, including SQL) - performance tuning, troubleshooting, high availability / disaster recovery, security.
- Database development (preferably with Azure SQL, including SQL) - designing and building database solutions (tables / stored procedures / forms / queries / etc.)
- Business intelligence - combining knowledge of SSIS/SSAS/SSRS/Power BI technologies with a deep understanding of data structure / data models to design, develop, and tune BI solutions and reports.
- Advanced data analytics - designing and building solutions using technologies such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, DataBricks, Azure Synapse, Stream Analytics, Machine Learning.
- Understanding of database concepts and deployments.
- Planning for and conducting database migrations such as for SQL and Oracle, including activities such as high availability (using DataGuard), scripting and database hardening.
- An understanding of both IaaS and PaaS SQL.
- Supporting or maintaining mission critical SQL Server Database systems.
- Knowledge of RDMS technologies.
- Designing and utilizing ARM templates.
- Troubleshooting Open-Source databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Building large scale data sets in Azure, AWS, Hadoop or similar big data environments.
- Knowledge of or an interest in one or more of the following - Sybase, DB2, Hbase, MySQL, MongoDB
We Would Also Expect You To Be Able To Pass The Following Certifications In The First 12 Months Of Employment With Us, If You Do Not Already Hold Them
- AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
and one of the following
- DP-100: Azure Data Scientist Associate
- DP200/201: Azure Data Engineer Associate
- AI-100: Azure AI Engineer Associate
- A degree or equivalent work experience combined with a relevant industry experience in a consulting role.
- Experience working on multi-phase global implementations is preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences and strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to match technical solutions with customer business requirements.
- Ability to lead and motivate technical communities.
- Ability to effectively recognize and adapt to change .
- Ability to quickly build relationships and credibility with customers.
- A passion for learning about and experimenting with new technologies.
- Ability to build trust to drive change with customers.
- Work with customers to identify business requirements.
- Architect and implement innovative solutions using the most recent technologies.
- Continually learn and grow professionally.
- Take a leadership role on projects.
- Mentor other Consultants to share your knowledge and experience.
When Travel resumes: Ability to travel domestically and internationally and work with different cultures and customers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.