Are you looking for an opportunity to build software with some of the largest companies and organizations in the world? Do you want to thrive in and contribute to a culture where different areas of passion and skills empower a happy and high-performing team? Are you excited to learn new technologies? If the answer is yes, then we want you to join our fast-growing team of curious and talented software engineers.
Our team, Commercial Software Engineering (CSE), works side by side with engineers from Microsoft’s most strategic customers on cutting-edge technologies. We help them to tackle their toughest technical problems both in the cloud and on the edge. We meet customers where they are, working with the languages, open-source frameworks, and operating systems they use. Our work spans across different industries and covers a broad spectrum of technology domains.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be based in Singapore. Our team works with customers across the Asia Pacific region, and in some cases further abroad. We work as a team on engagements that typically run from a few weeks to a few months. We use Agile processes and sound software engineering practices to deliver production quality code with our customers. Sharing our work and expertise is also a core part of the value we deliver. We work closely with Microsoft’s product engineering teams, to give feedback to improve our products and contribute to open-source projects and communities.
We welcome diversity of all kinds. Our team includes many cultures, educational backgrounds, life stages, identities, and technical skills, and we believe this contributes to our success and that of our customers. If you love learning new technologies, enjoy thinking about challenging engineering problems and, above all, are excited to write quality code with high impact customers, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Working hands-on with your team and our customers through design and implementation, demonstrating good engineering practices and coding along the way.
- Exercising your existing skills, learning new things, and then sharing your experiences with those around you, the broader Microsoft organization, and the OSS community.
- Clearly and effectively communicating your ideas, through words and code.
- Developing positive relationships with software engineers across Microsoft and with Microsoft product teams.
- Upholding our delivery standards by following and contributing to our engineering practices & playbook.
You Will Have
- At least five (5) years of track record working in teams of software engineers in an agile environment, and collaborating with other teams and disciplines to deliver production software that runs at scale.
- Solid hands-on experience of software engineering fundamentals such as testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment, pull requests and code reviews, source control, work item/issue tracking.
- Experience of designing and building cloud-native apps and cloud services that run at scale.
- Experience with Core Cloud Computing Concepts (Compute/Networking/Storage/Identity) on one of the major cloud computing platforms.
- Experience and desire to learn about and dig deeper on relevant tech platforms and software stacks. Examples include Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Kafka, Cassandra, Go, Kubernetes, .NET Core, Python, Java. You may know of things that should be added to this list, and you can explain why to other software engineers.
- Experience working in data-driven applications, in areas like relational databases, data warehousing, NoSQL, Big Data.
- Familiarity with end-to-end implementation of Machine Learning applications and an interest to learn about it.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and/or comparable practical professional experience
- Ability to travel occasionally up to 25% (post-pandemic)
#CSE-FY22 #CSE #CSESA
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.