So, what about the role?
We are looking for a Full-Stack Engineer, Frontend Focus who will be based in our Singapore office with the following key responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally across product, design and engineering to develop our internal product
- Contribute quality code across the full-stack in developing and rolling-out new features
- Authoring functional and integration tests to ensure features meet product requirements
- Tackle bugs and troubleshoot production issues for different platforms in tandem with operations
What we’d like you to have
- 3 years or more of experience in full-stack development
- Experience building responsive single page applications
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with Frontend tools and technologies:
- HTML and CSS and/or SCSS
- JSON, JWT
- Experience consuming and / or designing RESTful APIs
- Experience delivering production quality code reflecting latest visual designs as defined by UX specialists
- Cross-functional communication in understanding, clarifying and executing on visual designs
- Working knowledge of GIT / Agile Software Development practices (e.g. Scrumban)
- Experience using CI / CD pipelines via GIT (e.g. BitBucket, Github)
Great to have
- Working knowledge of RBAC / ABAC access control models
- Experience building data-centric visualisations and dashboards
- Good knowledge in object-oriented programming and data structure design
- Working knowledge of a backend Stack:
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Experience with large-scale application development (e.g. microservice architectures)
- Experience using AWS, Azure or GCP (AWS preferred)
- Working knowledge of NestJs, Fastify or equivalent frameworks
Working at Milieu - How’d you know you’re a good fit?
- You like a fun, tech-focused, fast-paced start-up environment
- You are responsible, accountable and can work well independently and with others in a fast-paced environment
- You are resourceful and open minded
- You demonstrate strong analytical thinking, organisational skills & attention to detail.
- You have excellent communication skills
- You embrace change, and can adapt to a changing work environment
- You’re a trailblazer, and are comfortable paving a new path to find solutions and ways of working
Why join Milieu?
We’re going to be honest here. If you grew up dreaming of working for an established, well known company with an office in a swanky building, Milieu will probably not be for you (although we recently set up a cool and comfortable space in a cosy shophouse within Orchard Road for you to jam out off)!
On the contrary, we would love to have a chat with you if most of the following statements describe who you are:
- I have always wanted to create a legacy of my own
- I am motivated by a sense of achievement, and creating new things excites me.
- I understand the importance of productive and persistent hard work but also understand that taking rests, having fun, spending time with loved ones and generally soaking in life’s experiences are equally important
- I know that doing great things doesn’t come easy, and that every time I stumble along the way only makes me stronger
Regardless of your past professional experience, at Milieu we will embrace your interests and strengths and try to develop them in the right way. We’ll ensure that you leave us not only with the nuts and bolts of our business, but also with experiences and skills that you can use for the rest of your life.
So if all of this sounds great, we’d love to meet you. So let’s talk!