We are looking for a talented candidate with 4-6 years of experience in software development, automated testing, and Quality Assurance to join our Pre-Trade Risk team. You will be at an individual contributor level as part of a collaborative, fast-paced team.
As a member of the team, you will work closely with developers to understand application features, create robust comprehensive test plans, and write and execute test framework and test cases. We look for well-rounded candidates with solid analytical skills, an enthusiasm for taking ownership of features, a strong commitment to quality, and the ability to work closely and communicate effectively.
- Plan, develop, and execute tests for MLP execution pre-trade risk system and related components
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable automated test case
- Drive standardization and adoption of Test Automation Technologies to maintain consistency
- Pair with software engineers to identify and prevent gaps with automation/regression coverage
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers to release revolutionary products.
- Take full ownership of and maintain QA environment
- Work with developers on improving system testability and creating testing environment
- Become a technical SME and mentor to individual contributors
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in automated testing
- Knowledge of different types of pre trade risk controls - for example price validations, fat finger etc. or Strong knowledge of automation tools such as Junit, Selenium etc.
- Understanding of electronic trading of Equities, futures, options etc. including order state transition.
- Strong experience with Java or OOP
- Experience collaborating with programmers and business authorities
- Strong working knowledge of Proficiency with Unix
- Strong understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, and Object Oriented design
- Knowledge of writing clean, readable Java code
- Experience with Continuous Testing and Continuous Delivery
- Ability to solve complex problems with practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and analytical skills; attention to detail
- Able to prioritize working projects in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; Good sense of urgency, resourcefulness and independence
- Strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and tracing root cause.
- Collaborate closely with Development teams to understand technical and business functionality
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with Shift Left Test Automation
- Excellent knowledge of unit-testing frameworks
- Continuous test driven development practices
- Excellent self-management and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Git, Bitbucket or Version control tool
- Code Review and Debugging
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus a plus)
- Experience in automated testing of distributed systems/solutions.