We are looking for passionate technologists to join our Pre-Sales organization to ensure that our growth is grounded and guided by strong technical alignment with our platform and the needs of our customers.
MongoDB Pre-Sales Solution Architects are responsible for guiding our customers and users to design and build reliable, scalable systems using our data platform. Our team is made up of seasoned software architects, entrepreneurs, and developers who take direct responsibility for customer success, including the design of their software, deployment, and operations. You'll work closely with our sales reps and play a key role in winning deals and driving the business forward. You'll be a trusted advisor to a wide range of users from startups to the world's largest enterprise IT organizations. The Service Center Solution Architect is often the first technical contact for the customer and performs a variety of tasks such as remote demos, determining customer requirements and supporting the global sales team with technical questions.
As an ideal candidate, you will have
- A mind for technology - we’ll teach you all about MongoDB and databases, but our customers and products are inherently technical and you should have an aptitude and curiosity to learn about those concepts
- Working knowledge and ability to code a modern scripting language (e.g. Python, Node.js, SQL) and/or popular programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, C#)
- Experience with or knowledge of scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to be adaptive to an ever-changing environment, where you are constantly improving yourself, your team and (y)our processes
- High levels of organization in your workflows - you understand what it means to work with lots of customers and to prioritize and manage your time efficiently
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
As an ideal candidate, you may also have
- 1+ years of pre-sales experience with enterprise software
- 1+ years of software development experience
- Experience selling or working with databases and/or deploying applications with any of the major cloud providers
- Experience with database programming and data models
- A MongoDB Certification
What You Do At MongoDB
- You confidently articulate the business value of MongoDB solutions
- You partner with our sales team to help ensure success in accounts ranging from small startups to large enterprises
- You align to support remote sales with activities such as technical discovery, demos, presentation, sizing, and documentation of technical decision criteria; working across a number of opportunities in parallel
- You implement and maintain technology toolkits to drive compelling demonstrations and POCs
- You advise customers on architectures, patterns, and strategies for making the best use of MongoDB
- You translate technical concepts and patterns into business benefits
- You will have the opportunity to help drive demand through participation in both industry-known trade-shows as well account-based marketing events
- You demonstrate resilience and sound judgment in dealing with business challenges
- You have an ability to drive customer demand within a sales territory, by being self-motivated, proactive and understanding the importance of a strong sense of urgency
- You have situational awareness and react appropriately in group settings
What You Will Learn
- The rapidly expanding MongoDB product suite, including
- Core database server
- Atlas (fully managed cloud database service)
- Atlas Data Lake
- Atlas Full-Text Search
- Other Tools and connectors - Ops/Cloud Manager, Compass, Connector for BI, Connector for Spark
- Market-relevant, complementary technologies e.g. Apache Kafka, Kubernetes
- Modern and popular architecture design patterns, methodologies and concerns e.g. microservices, event-driven architectures, DevOps, cloud, security
- Sales techniques and related soft skills - presentations, demonstrations, whiteboarding, discovery, objection handling
- Exposure to a wide variety of market verticals and broad spectrum of interesting use cases
This role is remote optional until November 1, 2021, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in Singapore Office for when we introduce our hybrid mode
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
"MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer"