As a Product Manager, you will focus on understanding current and future user needs, industry and technology trends, and customer and partner requirements. The requirements from these learnings will be used to develop products that will shape the fast-moving Autonomous Vehicle (AV) industry. Your leadership will be necessary to manage the development of new high profile products, prioritize new features for launch, and manage the product’s development throughout its lifecycle. To do this, you will work closely with users, designers, engineering, and sales and marketing teams.
Our Product Managers are high-energy people that use superb interpersonal and communications skills to work equally well with team members, support organizations, internal customers, and executives. They bring a holistic view and leadership style and are considered a focal point in the organization. Key to your success is your ability to marry creativity with analytics skills to create customer value and finding a way to move things forward amid competing forces.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with engineering teams to develop software solutions that deploy, monitor, and control our autonomous vehicle fleet
- Leverage deep user, customer, and industry knowledge to design, launch, and improve our software solutions
- Work with design and user research to gain a deep understanding of consumer behavior and market trends.
- Identify and assess the business value of different strategic scenarios, time sensitive product opportunities, including revenue-generating variants, help define what should be included within our portfolio.
- Utilize strong customer and business acumen to guide the product vision through difficult decision points during development.
- Represent the product team and champion the product through the go-to-market process working with global marketing and sales colleagues to ensure a clear product position and impactful launch.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an engineering discipline
- 5+ years of Product Manager experience
- Cross functional team experience, especially working with engineers and UI/UX designers
- Previous experience working with user focused, front-end software
- Previous experience launching a new product, working with operations teams to ensure smooth execution
- Highly polished writing ability, very strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to drive cohesion, collaboration and decision making among different people & functions
Bonus points (but not required):
- Computer science or equivalent engineering or data sciences background
- Advanced degree (MS / MBA)
In this role, you will work with our engineering team in Singapore to build a full suite of software to operate our commercial fleet of AVs, working with designers to create an intuitive user experience, testing the software with operations, and iterating as needed. This software will be used by every Motional operations center, allowing us to operate fleets safely and efficiently.
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industry’s largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world’s first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world’s most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the US and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.