The machine learning data team focuses on data-driven metrics development for systems and subsystems to guide training and evaluation of our neural networks and autonomous vehicle stack components. The team charter is centered around three core concepts. First: how should we score the AV system as a whole in a way that is compliant with legal, ethical and ride comfort related constraints? Second: given such a system level score, how do we score subsystems in a way that informs progress towards the system level goals? Third: how do we quickly obtain such system level metrics via large scale simulation?
What you'll be doing:
- Play a critical role in building large scale infrastructure for collecting metrics via simulation.
- Deploy function in AWS infrastructure to analyze the data on scale
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for scalability, testability, flexibility and cost efficiency.
- Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Show initiative and be a lead team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of cloud development experience.
- Advanced knowledge programming languages: Python,.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale cloud application.
- Strong knowledge of data structure and algorithms should also be a requirement.
- Experience with large-scale distributed NoSQL and relational database systems.
- Belief that you can achieve more on a team -- the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and creative thinking.
- Passion about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world.
- A strong sense of ownership: Be able to drive the project from conception to production.