We are seeking talented Senior Software QA Engineers to join us in building the next generation Mapping Software to create large, accurate, and safe HD Maps, fast. We are building a mapping system that supports mapping at a scale of billions of data points from different sensors and data sources used by hundreds of users and operators spread out across different cities and time zones in Asia and the United States of America. HD Maps enable our autonomous cars to navigate from point A to point B. It is a critical set of information to make the smartest safe decisions on the road. With an ever expanding footprint of mapped areas, we enable teams of researchers, engineers, testers, and operators across the entire company to explore uncharted territory by enabling our self-driving cars to learn from new environments and go where no other self-driving car has gone before.
Things you’ll get to work on
- Support full software development life cycle
- Work with a multidisciplinary team focusing on bleeding edge HD mapping applications that run alongside our self-driving cars and with the entire mapping suite of web applications and services that complete our mapping data pipeline
- Create and maintain metrics to drive product improvements
- Perform manual and automated testing
- Document, build, and automate test cases
- Develop standards to determine product quality and release criteria
- Research, design, plan, and implement new test tools, frameworks, technologies, and processes that scale
Things we require from you
- 4+ years professional experience in one or more of the following: C++, Python, or other general purpose programming languages and/or scripting languages
- Expertise and breadth of experience in end-to-end testing of various types of software such as real time embedded systems, desktop applications, and/or web applications with or without a user interface
- Demonstrate a portfolio of improving software products analytically and objectively with data-backed results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various stakeholders, report insights, and rally support towards new initiatives and processes
- industry-level experience with autonomous vehicle software, automotive software, mapping applications, HD Maps, lidar data, and/or geospatial data
- built and supported applications that has a global footprint with a huge user base involving big data
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industry’s largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world’s first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world’s most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the US and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.